Möte POLITICS, 29554 texter
Skriven 2007-01-23 10:47:47 av John Hull (1:123/789.0)
Ärende: Radical muslims now in our Congress
The following two pieces are important.  At a time when we are at war with
radical Islam and terrorist muslims, is it prudent, or even appropriate, that
we have people in Congress who have been educated by the same system that
teaches the terrorists?  Do we dare consider electing one of these people as
president?  Obama and the media are doing yeoman service trying to keep this
information from becoming widely known.  Why is that?

        Barack Obama:

        This is needed background for understanding Barack Obama.  We just had
a Muslim sworn in with his hand on a Quran this week.

          This is from Google and Wikipedia.com

        Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein
Obama Sr (black muslim) of Nyangoma-Kogelo, Siaya District, Kenya, and Ann
Dunham of Wichita, Kansas. (white atheist ).
The following was taken from Wikipedia, and was posted by a friend in a local
chat group.  The media is working overtime to keep this information out of
sight, or at least deeply back channel.

        When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced, and his father
returned to Kenya. His mother married Lolo Soetoro -- a Muslim -- moving to
Jakarta with Obama when he was six years old. Within six months he had learned
to speak the Indonesian language.  Obama spent "two years in a Muslim school,
then two more in a Catholic school" in Jakarta. Obama takes great care to
conceal the fact that he is a Muslim while admitting that he was once a Muslim,
mitigating that damning information by saying that, for two years, he also
attended a Catholic school.

        Obama's father, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. was a radical Muslim who
migrated from Kenya to Jakarta, Indonesia. He met Obama's mother, Ann Dunham a
white atheist from Wichita, Kansas at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Obama,
Sr. and Dunham divorced when Barack, Jr. was two. Obama's spinmeisters are now
attempting to make it appear that Obama's introduction to Islam came from his
father and that influence was temporary at best.

	In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya immediately following the
divorce and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.
Dunham married another Muslim, Lolo Soetoro who educated his stepson as a good
Muslim by enrolling him in one of Jakarta's Wahabbi schools. Wahabbism is the
radical teaching that created the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad on
the industrialized world. Since it is politically expedient to be a Christian
when you are seeking political office in the United States, Obama joined the
United Church of Christ to help purge any notion that he is still a Muslim.

Also, the following article posted a couple days ago.

HOMELAND INSECURITY
New Muslim congressman called for terrorist's release
Ellison spoke at fund-raiser for woman from group that tried to kill Feinstein
7:00 p.m. Eastern

By Jay Baggett
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

When House Speaker Nancy Pelosi joined Minnesota freshman Rep. Keith Ellison
for his recent swearing-in ceremony, the controversy over his taking the oath
of office on the Quran overshadowed his earlier role in supporting a terrorist
whose group tried to kill policemen and allegedly twice tried to murder
Pelosi's fellow San Francisco lawmaker Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

On Feb.12, 2000, Ellison joined Bernadine Dohrn, one of the founders of the
1960s radical group the Weather Underground, and several other speakers at a
fundraiser for recently arrested Kathleen Soliah, a.k.a. Sara Jane Olson.

Soliah – who along with a small band of Bay Area radicals took in Bill and
Emily Harris and Patty Hearst, the last surviving members of the Symbionese
Liberation Army following the May 17, 1974, shootout in Los Angeles – had been
on the run since the three SLA "soldiers" were captured in September 1975.

Initially charged with planting pipe bombs under two police cars in Los Angeles
in August 1975, Soliah was later charged in Sacramento for the murder of a bank
customer killed in an April 1975 holdup after the victim's son exerted pressure
through the media to reopen the case. Hearst, in her 1981 book, "Every Secret
Thing," described the bungled robbery as an SLA operation in which she, Soliah,
the Harrises and several others participated.

Soliah, arrested in St. Paul, Minn., in June 1999 and living under the name
Sara Jane Olson, initially denied being Soliah or a member of the SLA. The
upper-middle class doctor's wife was described by friends – several of whom
were members of the state legislature – as an actress in community theater, a
gourmet cook and a soccer mom who read books to the blind. People Magazine even
did an article on her, featuring her well-appointed Highland Park home, and
casting her as a Martha Stewart-type homemaker.

But as the long-forgotten story of the SLA was resurrected in the media and as
the Los Angeles district attorney began to present the voluminous evidence,
stored for over 25 years, Soliah-Olson shed the Martha Stewart image and
presented herself as the victim of a politically motivated "witch hunt" and
surrounded herself with SLA attorneys, '60s radicals and their sympathizers.

On Feb. 12, 2000, Soliah-Olson and her supporters held a forum and auction
fundraiser for her defense in St. Paul. Among the speakers was Keith Ellison, a
local criminal defense attorney, activist and radio talk-show host.

His speech is still preserved on an archived copy of the now-defunct
Soliah-Olson defense website.

Ellison, who frequently defended black gang members in his practice, linked the
prosecution of Soliah-Olson to notable radicals Geronimo Pratt and Mumia Abu
Jamal.

"For the people who want to incarcerate Sara Jane Olson, ain't nothing
changed," said Ellison. "As a matter of fact, they want to settle scores with
Sara Jane Olson and others who were fighting for freedom in the '60s and '70s.

"... And like many of my clients, Sara Jane Olson has a public defender. Do you
understand what I'm saying? Because she cannot afford to pay for her defense
all by herself. Do you understand what I'm saying? I mean, the reality is, Sara
Jane Olson, basically – is a black gang member – as far as I can see.

"... I think, just like the people who want to come together and lock up Sara,
we need to come together and free Sara. And all the Saras, because she's not
the only one."

Ellison, crediting the speech given by Dohrn earlier that evening, continued.

"This is not about justice," he said. "This is not about accountability, this
is not about public safety. This is about symbolism. This is about making a
point. This is about saying to you and to me that we are going to get you if
you ever try to stand against what we're about. We're going to get you. And
we're going to lock you up and we don't care how long it takes, we're going to
get you."

Before finishing his speech, Ellison admitted his knowledge of the SLA was
deficient:

"My point is that I remember the SLA. I was 12 years old when it hit the news
in 1974. I remember the name, I remember the made-for-TV movie with Patty
Hearst, who was 'taken away by the SLA' and by this black guy named Cinque, who
strutted around and was real scary. And clearly these people were 'bad to the
bone.' And as I began to read about the SLA, they were talking about rights for
poor people. ... I mean I'm not trying to say the SLA is – I don't even know
enough about the SLA to tell you about the SLA, but I can tell you what they
stated ... they were in favor of: It had to do with fighting poverty and
fighting racism and stuff like that. I'm not even here to tell you how they did
it, because I don't know.

"... And so, I just want to welcome you for your contribution to the struggle
and thank those of you who have been maintaining the struggle over the years,
and say, "Hey, free Sara!"

Thirty-three months after Ellison's call for Soliah-Olson's release, she, the
Harrises, and Michael Bortin, pleaded guilty to the shotgun murder of Myrna
Opsahl, the bank customer killed in the SLA robbery. Soliah-Olson also pleaded
guilty to placing pipe bombs under LAPD police cars. A fifth member, James
Kilgore, was later captured in South Africa and sentenced for bomb possession
and Opsahl's murder.

The focus on the SLA in Soliah-Olson's trial distracted attention from her own
violent history before and after coming into contact with the group that
kidnapped Patty Hearst. Over a year before the SLA came into existence, Soliah,
her brother, Bortin and Kilgore were questioned in connection with a bomb
factory discovered in a Berkeley garage. Bortin and a second man were arrested
in connection with the bomb lab and convicted and sentenced for possessing an
ammonium-nitrate bomb. Based on information developed by the Alameda County
district attorney, the pair was suspected of 10 bombings in 1971 and one in
1972, the latter involving a tack-grenade bomb – housed in a beer can – tossed
into a bar across the street from the San Francisco Hall of Justice frequented
by police officers and court personnel.

During the latter half of 1974, when the Harrises and Hearst were hiding out on
a Pennsylvania farm, Kathleen Soliah, her brother, Kilgore and Bortin were
setting off bombs in the Bay Area under the banner of the New World Liberation
Front, a name announced in the first SLA communique after the Harrises and
Hearst came under the protection of Soliah in June 1974.

Vin McLellan and Paul Avery, in their 1977 book "The Voices of Guns,"
documented more than 10 Bay Area bombings by Soliah's NWLF in late 1974 and
1975:

    * Aug. 6, 1974: Bomb failed to explode at Burlingame office of General
Motors Acceptable Corporation;

    * Sept. 3, 1974: Bomb exploded in the San Francisco office of Dean Witter
and Company;

    * Sept. 13, 1974: Bomb exploded at the Palo Alto office of Dean Witter and
Company;

    * Sept. 28, 1974: Bomb exploded in a warehouse of an ITT subsidiary in San
Leandro;

    * Oct. 2, 1974: Bomb exploded in a women's restroom of the ITT-owned
Sheraton-Palace Hotel in San Francisco;

    * Oct. 30, 1974: Bomb exploded at the Los Altos Hills home of retired ITT
president Robert Halleck;

    * Nov. 6, 1974: Seven meter maid three-wheeled motorcycles blown up in a
Berkeley parking lot;

    * Dec. 19, 1974: Bomb exploded in the San Francisco office of General
Motors Corporation;

    * Feb. 3, 1975: Bomb exploded at the San Jose office of General Motors
Corporation;

    * Feb. 4, 1975: Double bombing at Pillar Point Air Force Radar Station near
Half Moon Bay and the Vulcan Foundry in Oakland;

    * Feb. 6, 1975: Pipe bomb exploded at KRON-TV station in San Francisco;

    * Aug. 4, 1975: Three NWLF fire bombs exploded in the carport of the
Woodside home of Charles de Brettville, chairman of the Bank of California, a
director of Pacific Gas and Electric, Shell Oil, Western Union and Safeway
Stores, Inc;

    * Aug. 14, 1975: The NWLF claimed credit for bombing of an Emeryville
police cruiser.

By February 1975, the Bay Area was averaging one bombing every 16 days. The
NWLF was linked to more than 70 bombings by authorities, mostly in Northern
California.

McLellan and Avery wrote:

"The NWLF messages had a standing invitation to other groups to adopt the name,
and there were apparently one or more independent 'NWLF' units that became
active in bombings – but according to Hearst's FBI confessions, it was Bill
Harris and the 'second team' who were behind most of the two dozen NWLF
bombings over the following nine months. ('The Harrises were the g*****n NWLF!'
said one Patty-briefed source, mixing admiration and exasperation.)"

After the FBI dragnet that caught Hearst and the Harrises failed to capture
Soliah in September 1975, she and Kilgore continued setting off bombs under the
name of the NWLF. On Feb 12, 1976, 24 years to the day before Ellison's plea to
"free Sara," authorities say Soliah and Kilgore set off a bomb at the historic
Hearst Castle on California's central coast, causing $1 million in damage. The
pair were identified from photographs by tourists who escaped the blast. The
NWLF communique that followed demanded the Hearst family contribute $250,000 to
the defense of the Harrises.

The following night, a deputy sheriff patrolling near Woodside in the south Bay
Area was shot by two gunmen as he investigated suspicious activity beneath an
electric transmission tower adjacent to the freeway. The officer interrupted
the pair's efforts before the bomb they were setting could be exploded. The
NWLF took credit for shooting the officer.

One of the NWLF's better-known targets in 1976 was then-San Francisco
Supervisor Dianne Feinstein.

In 1995, Feinstein, by now a U.S. senator, testified at Senate hearings on
terrorism where she explained why she carried a concealed weapon:

    "Because less than 20 years ago I was the target of a terrorist group. It
was the New World Liberation Front. They blew up power stations and put a bomb
at my home when my husband was dying of cancer. And the bomb didn't detonate.
... I was very lucky. But, I thought of what might have happened. Later the
same group shot out all the windows of my home.

    "And, I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to
arm yourself, because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I'd walk to
the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the
determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to
take them with me."

Last week, Ellison was named to the House Judiciary Committee, which has
oversight over civil liberties, immigration and the courts. He said he would
like to see a ban on racial profiling and will work to restore civil liberties
he says have been rolled back by the Bush administration, Associated Press
reported.

Jon Opsahl, son of the woman killed by the SLA, told WND: "It does seem to
confirm that, unfortunately, intelligence and integrity are not prerequisites
for political office in this country in general and in Minnesota in
particular."

[Note to Gary:  This is the kind of thing I was referring to when I said the
Republic is crumbling around us.  I could bury you in crap like this, but you'd
probably blow it off with some platitude.]

--- Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 (Windows/20061207)
 * Origin:  (1:123/789.0)