Möte POLITICS, 29554 texter
Skriven 2005-02-01 05:56:00 av TIM RICHARDSON (1:123/140)
     Kommentar till en text av ED CONNELL
Ärende: Re: Proud Democrat
==========================
On 01-31-05, ED CONNELL said to JOHN HULL:

EC>Hey, John.

EC>> Hey, Ed.

EH>>> Actually the quote was; "How am I getting beat by that f---ing
EH>>> idiot?!?"

EH>>> Kerry is not a good man.

EC>> Yeah.  He said it so much "better" than I did. <g>

EC>> Your conclusion is borne out every time he opens his mouth.

JH> Kerry is scum, just like Teddy Kennedy, Barbara Boxer, Joe Biden and
JH> the rest. Maybe a biblical plague will be visited on them in payment
JH> for their efforts to derail the war on terror.  We should all be so
JH> lucky.

EC>I loved it that Pat Sajac (sp?) of Wheel of Fortune just blew up when he
EC>compared Kerry's remarks with the images and stories he was getting from
EC>Iraq.  He wrote a column for some journal that concluded that Kerry is
EC>trash.  I forget his exact words, but that was his message.

HUMAN EVENTS ONLINE :: Name Calling by Pat Sajak

Name Calling
by Pat Sajak
Posted Jan 31, 2005

Kerry Does a 180 on Form 180

Week of January 31

I am about to call someone a name.

This is not a decision I've reached lightly. Name-calling is
not in my nature. True, I have cast more than my share of aspersions on
others, but I have tried to do it with humor, or, even when I was
seriously upset, I tried to modulate my tone.

This is not to say that I don't get angry, but I'm not a
screamer. I tend to sulk and plot revenge. I'm sure there must have been
times when, as a child, I called someone "stupid" or "ugly" or
"fat" or some of the other hateful things that children often say, though
I donâ€Öt remember specific instances.

And, yet, I'm about to call someone a name.

I've always been interested in politics, a rough-and-tumble
field where name-calling is not unusual. I enjoy reading and writing
about politics, and I have some strong opinions, some of which I've
shared here. However, I try to keep my politics in context. I discuss
the subject here, or at overtly political venues. My quarrel with
celebrities and politics is not that they voice opinions, but
that they often foist those opinions on others in inappropriate
settings.

I`ve had some tough things to say about people when I've
spoken at some of these events, but, again, I don't think I've ever
just flat-out called someone a name.

Until now.

This sudden shift in my policy is a result of the Iraqi
elections.

I'm not sure how anyone could look at the lines of voters who,
quite literally, risked life and limb to exercise a right many
Americans tend to take for granted even without terrorist threats and
suicide bombers. I don't care what your opinions of George W. Bush, the
Iraq War or the War on Terror might be, this was, on a strictly human
level, a moving event for a region of the world where democracies
are not exactly flourishing.

Every voter in those lines was, in ways big and small, a hero,
and should be admired and supported. How could anyone look at voters
dancing in the streets and proudly holding up their blue fingers
to indicate what they had so bravely done, and not be moved? It
seems to me that Sunday was not the time to attempt to minimize or
trivialize what millions of Iraqis did that day. That could wait
at least 24 hours, couldn't it?

Enter Massachusetts Senator and former Democratic Presidential
candidate John Kerry. Here's a man who should know something
about heroics, as he reminded us a thousand or so times during the
campaign. On the very day Iraqis were voting, most of them for
the first time in their lives, here's some of what Kerry had to say
on NBC's Meet the Press: "It is significant that there is a
vote in Iraq, but ... no one in the United States should try to overhype
this election. This election is a sort of demarcation point, and
what really counts now is the effort to have a legitimate
political reconciliation, and it's going to take a massive diplomatic
effort and a much more significant outreach to the international
community than this administration has been willing to engage in. Absent
that, we will not be successful in Iraq,"

More Kerry: "It's hard to say that something is legitimate when a
whole portion of the country can't vote and doesn't vote." (Sound
familiar?)

What a marvelous way to pay tribute to those trying to embrace
democracy! I know he's bitter, and I know he's not going to
say anything that would appear to endorse any of President Bush's
policies, but couldn't it have waited a day? Or couldn't he
have at least included a kind word of encouragement or congratulations to
the millions of Iraqi citizens who voted before he began to
belittle the process and the turnout?

His dour demeanor on Meet the Press and in another
interview Sunday contrasted sharply with images coming from Iraq, and his
comments sounded small and petty. You would expect something more
from a man who, less than three months ago, lost a race for the
Presidency of the United States. It was a despicable performance.

So now it's time for me to get this off my chest.

Mr. Kerry, you are a jerk.

There. I feel better.

Mr. Sajak is the host of "Wheel of Fortune" and PatSajak.com.

---
*Durango b301 #PE*
 * Origin: Try Our Web Based QWK: DOCSPLACE.ORG (1:123/140)