Möte POL_INC, 14731 texter
Skriven 2008-06-27 12:20:00 av Bob Klahn (1:124/311)
Ärende: Oba .....Oil
====================
JB>> James Dobson, accuses the likely Democratic
JB>> presidential nominee of distorting the Bible and pushing a
JB>> "fruitcake interpretation" of the Constitution.

BK>>The reli

 TR> Welcome to AnnCoulter.com

 TR> YOU CAN'T FUEL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME
 TR> June 25, 2008

 Yet the Coulterites will try.

 TR> Liberals dismiss studies that show a link between abortion

 There are maybe a hundred million liberals in this country,
 ranging from extreme to most who are moderate.

 TR> For the same reason, no one should believe the Democrats'
 TR> "energy" policies.

 Esp since there are probably two dozen such, which is two dozen
 more than the current administration has. Ok, bleeding the
 country may qualify as a policy.

 TR> Democrats couldn't care less about high gas prices. The

 Even coulter should be able to figure out, every dollar that
 goes to the oil companies goes against the liberals.

 TR> consistent policy of the Democratic Party, going back at
 TR> least to Jimmy Carter, has been to jack up gas prices so we
 TR> can all start pedaling around on tricycles.

 Uh... yet gas prices were lower under Clinton. Went from
 $1.44/gal avg to around $4/gal under Bush. Hmmm... Coulter can't
 do math, that explains a lot.

 TR> Environmentalists are constantly clamoring for higher gas
 TR> taxes as the cure-all to their insane global warming
 TR> theory. Clinton proposed a 26-cent tax on gas.

 A 26cent tax on gas would add 26 cents to the price of a gallon.
 Under Bush the price has had 260 cents added to the price.

 TR> John Kerry said it should be 50 cents. Gore endorsed the
 TR> Malthusian proposal of Paul and Anne Ehrlich in "The
 TR> Population Explosion" that gas taxes be raised gradually to
 TR> match prices in Europe and Japan.

 Apparently Coulter does not know that "Malthusian" means.

 TR> The result is consumers now pay about 46 cents per gallon
 TR> in gasoline taxes.

 Gee... 46 cents per gallon. Not only can't Coulter do math, she
 can't tell the truth also. The *FEDERAL* tax on gas is still
 just 18.4 cents per gallon. The rest is state which the feds
 don't control. And those taxes pay for the roads without which
 the oil companies don't sell gas.

 TR> That's not including taxes paid directly to the government
 TR> by the oil companies and passed onto consumers. As the
 TR> inestimable economist John Lott has pointed out, in the
 TR> past 25 years oil companies have paid more than three times
 TR> in taxes what they have made in profits.

 John Lott is not only dishonest, but probably gullible also. I
 don't see where Coulter explains whether those taxes were at the
 retail sales level or on the entire operation. Since much of the
 oil companies business is transacted outside the US it is not
 taxed by the US. Now, maybe he is counting what they pay in
 Europe, and the Middle East. How much just in the US?

 Note also, that covers the time before the recent jump in
 prices. With taxes not matching the increase in prices the
 profit margin goes up drastically. BTW, shouldn't Lott also
 calculate in the subsidies?

 TR> B. Hussein Obama's response to soaring gas prices is to
 TR> have the oil companies collect even more money from us at
 TR> the pump, proposing a "windfall profits tax" on oil
 TR> companies. "Corporate taxes" sound like taxes on rich
 TR> people, but all they do is force corporations to collect
 TR> taxes on behalf of the government.

 Bigot Coulter forgets, the oil companies charge all the market
 can bear. Which means they will *NOT* spare the public a price
 increase just because they don't pay more in taxes.

 You will pay the same either way.

 TR> Democrats have worked hard to ensure that Americans pay as
 TR> much for gas as Europeans do. After a quarter-century of

 Still paying much less, and more and more of that increase is
 going into the oil companies' pockets.

 TR> gas tax hikes, a ban on drilling for oil and a complete

 Yet they keep on drilling. Ok, not as much as they would if they
 could get away with charging just as much. But as much as the
 market can sustain.

 TR> destruction of the nuclear power industry in America, I

 France produces about 70% of their electricity from nuclear
 power. The US produces nearly 20% of our electricity from
 nuclear power. Sounds like France is doing much more, doesn't
 it.

 In the real world, that 20% the US produces equals more than the
 entire French electricical production from all sources. There
 are only three countries in the world that produce more total
 electricity than the US does from nuclear alone, China, Japan
 and Russia. And none of them come close to matching the US in
 Nuclear production.

 The US has neary 25% of all the electricity generating nuclear
 reactors in the world, and nearly twice the total of  France,
 the second place holder.

 TR> guess liberals can declare: Mission accomplished!

 Bush already has. His sign on the Abraham Lincoln referred to
 the suppression of dissent in America far more than anything in
 Iraq.

 TR> practically in unison, "We can't drill our way out of this
 TR> crisis."

 Which is true.

 TR> What does that mean? This is like telling a starving man,
 TR> "You can't eat your way out of being hungry!"

 If he had food he wouldn't be starving. You can't plant an apple
 orchard to deal with hunger today.

 TR> "You can't water your way out of drought!"

 That happens to be absolutely true. If you have enough water you
 don't have a drought.

 TR> "You can't sleep your way out of tiredness!"

 Coulter slept through logic class.

 TR> "You can't drink yourself out of dehydration!"

 If you have water to drink you have no problem.

 TR> Seriously, what does it mean? Finding more oil isn't going
 TR> to increase the supply of oil?

 Not for 5 or 10 or 20 years. And the problem is not a shortage
 of oil, but the price of oil. And the oil companies do *NOT*
 want cheap oil.

 TR> It is the typical Democratic strategy to babble meaningless
 TR> slogans, as if they have a plan. Their plan is: the
 TR> permanent twilight of the human race.

 The republican plan is re-colonization of the Middle East, and
 enslavement of the American people.

 TR> It's the only solution they can think of to deal with the
 TR> beastly traffic on the LIE (Long Island Expressway).

 No one cares about the Long Island Expressway. Outside of the
 relatively few people who drive it.

 Oh, and the answer to that is mass transit.

 TR> How do liberals propose we acquire the energy required for
 TR> the economic activity and production that results in light
 TR> appearing when they flick a switch? The larger enterprise
 TR> involved in producing that little miracle eludes them.

 Some of us actually know how it works. Unlike McCain who wants
 to get into redesigning the electricity distribution system. As
 if he had any knowledge of it. Or as if the utilities don't care
 about distributing electricity.

 TR> Liberals complain that -- as B. Hussein Obama put it --

 So says bigot Coulter.

 TR> there's "no way that allowing offshore drilling would lower
 TR> gas prices right now. At best you are looking at five years
 TR> or more down the road."

 Yep, or 10 or 20.

 TR> This is as opposed to airplanes that run on woodchips,
 TR> which should be up and running any moment now.

 Which has what to do with the fact that America is going broke
 over oil today... not 20 years from now.

 TR> Moreover, what was going on five years ago? Why didn't
 TR> anyone propose drilling back then?

 Well, let's see... 5 years ago? The Shrub was president, the
 republicans controlled the congress, and the supreme court. The
 republicans controlled the entire US government. What was going
 on 5 years ago? Oh, yeah, the republicans were pushing up the
 price of oil.

 TR> But of course we do pay people to anticipate national
 TR> problems and propose solutions. Some of them -- we'll call
 TR> them Republicans -- did anticipate high gas prices and
 TR> propose solutions.

 Their solution was to *CAUSE* high gas prices.

 TR> Six long years ago President Bush had the foresight to
 TR> demand that Congress allow drilling in a minuscule portion
 TR> of the Alaska's barren, uninhabitable Arctic National
 TR> Wildlife Refuge (ANWR). In 2002, Bush, Tom DeLay and the
 TR> entire Republican Party were screaming from the rooftops:
 TR> Drill! Drill! Drill!

 The republicans controlled the entire US government, the
 democrats had no power to stop them.

 TR> We'd be gushing oil now -- except the Democrats stopped us
 TR> from drilling.

 No, the democrats had no control of any branch of the US govt 5
 years ago. And we would not be gushing oil, we would be just
 beginning to draw any, if the oil companies saw fit to do so.

 TR> Drilling on only 0.01 percent of ANWR's 19 million acres
 TR> was projected to produce about 10 billion barrels of oil.
 TR> From all domestic sources combined, we currently produce
 TR> about 1.8 billion barrels of oil per year. To a layperson
 TR> like myself, 10 billion barrels seems like a lot of oil.

 Yeah, it does, it's about 5 years worth of production, *IF* you
 can produce it and transport it in that short a period of time.
 If not, it's just another oil company profit center.

 TR> The other party -- plus John McCain -- ferociously opposed
 TR> drilling in ANWR, drilling offshore or drilling anyplace
 TR> else. Instead of Drill! Drill! Drill!, their motto could
 TR> be: Kill! Kill! Kill!

 What part of "the republicans controlled the entire US
 government" doesn't she get?

 TR> They refuse to believe our abortion studies? I refuse to
 TR> believe they care about Americans having to pay high gas
 TR> prices.

 Does Coulter believe abortion is the cause of high gas prices?

 TR> COPYRIGHT 2008 ANN COULTER

 Copywrong 2008 Ann Coulter.

BOB KLAHN bob.klahn@sev.org   http://home.toltbbs.com/bobklahn

... Hi, I'm a tagline. When I grow up, I'm gonna be a novel!
 * Silver Xpress V4.5/P [Reg]
--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v3.0pr5a
 * Origin: FidoTel & QWK on the Web! www.fidotel.com (1:124/311)