Möte POL_INC, 14731 texter
Skriven 2008-11-01 08:18:00 av TIM RICHARDSON (1:123/140)
Ärende: Excellent summation
===========================
On 11-01-08, JOHN HULL said to ALL:

This editorial was found by John Hull and posted in the POLITICS echo.

I'm reposting it in here because I want to make sure you all see it. Enjoy.

JH>The New York Times carried a story on Saturday, October 4, 2008 that
JH>proved you had a significantly closer relationship with Bill Ayers than
JH>what you previously admitted.   While the issue of your relationship is of
JH>concern, the greater concern is that you lied to America about it.

JH>The Chicago Sun reported on May 8, 2008 that FBI records showed that you
JH>had a significantly closer relationship with Tony Rezko than what you
JH>previously admitted.   In the interview, you said that you only saw Mr.
JH>Rezko a couple of times a year.   The FBI files showed that you saw him
JH>weekly  While the issue of your relationship is of concern, the greater
JH>concern is that you lied to America about it.

JH>Your speech in Philadelphia on March 18, 2008 about "race" contradicted
JH>your statement to Anderson Cooper on March 14 when you said that you never
JH>heard Reverend Wright make his negative statements about white America
JH>While your attendance at Trinity Church for 20 years is of concern, the
JH>greater concern is that you lied to America on March 14.

JH>In your 1st debate with Jo hn McCain, you said that you never said that
JH>you would meet with the leaders of Cuba , Venezuela , Iran , and North
JH>Korea without "preparations" at lower levels ... Jo e Biden repeated your
JH>words in his debate with Sarah Palin .. while the video tape from your
JH>debate last February clearly shows that you answered "I would" to the
JH>question of meeting with those leaders within 12 months without "any"
JH>preconditions.  While your judgement about meeting with enemies of the USA
JH>without pre-conditions is of concern, the greater concern is that you lied
JH>to America in the debate with McCain.

JH>On July 14, 2008, you said that you always knew that the surge would work
JH>while the video tapes of you from more than a year ago show that you
JH>stated that the surge would not work.   While your judgement about
JH>military strategy as a potential commander in chief is of concern, the
JH>greater concern is that you lied to America on July 14.

JH>You now claim that your reason for voting against funding for the troops
JH>was because the bill did not include a time line for withdrawal while the
JH>video tapes of you from more than a year ago show that you voted against
JH>additional funding because you wanted our troops to be removed immediately
JH>... not in 16 months after the 2008 election as you now claim.  While your
JH>judgement about removing our troops unilaterally in 2007 is of concern,
JH>the greater concern is that you lied to America about your previous
JH>position.

JH>You claim to have a record of working with Republicans while the
JH>record shows that the only bill that you sponsored with a Republican was
JH>with Chuck Lugar ... and it failed.  The record shows that you vote 97% in
JH>concert with the Democrat party and that you have the most liberal voting
JH>record in the Senate. You joined Republicans only 13% of the time in your
> [...]

---
*Durango b301 #PE*
 * Origin: Doc's Place BBS Fido Since 1991 docsplace.tzo.com (1:123/140)