Möte WIN95, 4276 texter
Skriven 2014-03-13 13:17:16 av Roy Witt (1:387/22)
    Kommentar till text 997 av Holger Granholm (2:20/228)
Ärende: Early warning
=====================
 Brer Holger Granholm wrote to Brer Roy Witt about Re: Early warning:

 RW>> We have access to NASCAR racing on our locally broadcast Fox
 RW>> channel, but that will end about midway through the season and we'll
 RW>> have to go to ESPN to get the last half of the racing season.

 HG> The cable company here carries a lot of pay-channel packages but I
 HG> don't have time, nor intertest, for the various films and odd sports
 HG> they do carry so I delete all Filmnet and C-More channels from the
 HG> pgm listings in the TV sets.

I have over 700 channels to choose from via satellite, most of it is
pay-per-view and premium movie channels, which I block out. My basic TV
consists of maybe 60 of all those channels available.

 HG> I only have the base package and now also the Base + that carries
 HG> among others Motors TV.

I carry an extra 10 channels that are HD in nature and they play mostly
movies, which I'v probably seen in the theatre, but it's good to view them
again. Among those HD channels is the Velocity channel that is dedicated
to automotive programming.

 HG>> What I didn't know then was that a race 3 would follow on sunday.
 HG>> I stumbled on a replay of that late sunday night and followed it to
 HG>> lap 40/78 before going to a delayed nights sleep.

 RW>> Maybe it's time for you to invest in a video recorder...That's a
 RW>> nice way to skip commercials and fast forward to watch races.

 HG> I have two VCR's but I haven't actually tried to record anything on
 HG> them since I bought the new HD TV-sets. I douby that they are
 HG> compatible with the HD signals.

If they're HDTVs, then they are compatible with the HD signal.

 HG> OTH Motors TV isn't transmitted in HD format here but having no
 HG> program listing for that channel what's the use of a recorder?

As Paul has shown you, there is an online guide and I now envy your Motor
TV channel. Since the loss of the SPEED channel, we no longer get to see
those V8 Supercar races from down under.

 RW>>> We now have the MAVTV channel, which it seems spends more of it's
 RW>>> time on Boat drag racing than anything else. And they re-run those

 HG> That wouldn't interest me at all,as well as boat racing in dug
 HG> channels or ditches that I've seen on Motors TV isn't interesting.

It isn't here either. The only recourse I have is to watch what
programming is on ESPN...

 HG> OTOH you and I have grown up in different motorsport worlds so what
 HG> does interes you may not interest me at all. No kind of racing on
 HG> circles like at Indy and other ovals do interest me, nor any kund of
 HG> drag racing but car racing on racing circuits similar to the F1
 HG> circuits with cars of different manufacturers as well as F1. I'm not
 HG> interested in racing with "pne-type" cars where only the body is
 HG> different of formulas having the same engine in every car.

You might be interested in NASCAR racing on tracks like LimeRock and
Senoma, where you still drive in a circle, but the track is laid out
similar to the Aussie tracks and those in Europe where they race sports
cars with right and left hand turns.

 RW>> What we have now is the VEL or Velocity channel, which is more car
 RW>> oriented than MAVTV. Some of the  older programs are run on it too,

 HG> That's nice.

 RW>> ............ One of my favorite programming was a two hour series on
 RW>> off road buggy building, an engine building tech, a muscle car
 RW>> rebuilding pgm and my favore, Trucks. It used to run both Saturday

 HG> Racing pick-ups and buggies on man made gravel tracks with jumps may
 HG> be interestin time killers to look at but I haven't grown upin that
 HG> era, HI

Those aren't racing programs as much as they are informative programs in
how to build an off-road rock crawler buggy, or how to build a street
truck to go off-road. Then there is the program where they take a Detroit
engine and build it to make twice as much HP and torque than it made from
the factory. And lastly, the program where they restore 1960s and 70s
muscle cars...

 RW>>> I'm assuming that you have either cable or satelite TV in asking
 RW>>> this question: Doesn't your tv provider have a 'tv guide' channel?

 HG> Yeah, I recalled later that I hadn't replied to that question so
 HG> that's why I stated it above but they don't have a tv-guide. Instead
 HG> every TV company publishes a TV-guide on their TXT-TV pages and we
 HG> also get them in printed form with our local newspapers but we have
 HG> nothing on Motors TV and they don't carry TXT-TV pages.

Now you know about MotorsTV.com and their guide.

 RW>> Well, that's better than nothing. DircTV (sat) has a guide that
 RW>> gives you a description of the program, what the next one is about

 HG> That's what the EPG (Electronic Program Guide) gives us on Motors TV
 HG> but it shows only what's going on what's next. No times are listed
 HG> nor any re-runs.

From what I saw on the MotorsTV web guide, they tell you if the
programming is a replay or new...

         R\%/itt - K5RXT

"It is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all, and
 if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
     Bram Stoker (1847-1912)

 Thus, we have "Climate Change Science" - which isn't capable of
 explaining anything.

--- GoldED+/W32 1.1.5-31012
--- D'Bridge 3.98
 * Origin: South-Texas Area Hub - Gulf Coast Backbone (1:387/22)