Möte WIN95, 4276 texter
Skriven 2013-06-25 22:16:00 av Ed Vance (11798.windowsa)
     Kommentar till en text av TOM WALKER (1:123/140)
Ärende: Re: Microsoft.
======================
04-12-13 11:33 TOM WALKER wrote to JEAN PARROT about Microsoft.

 TW> @MSGID: <5168863A.11580.windowsa@capcity2.synchro.net>
 TW> Yuo have a Miniority Opinion amongst most Computer uesrs. Win 8
 TW> is a bigger dog and Win Vista and prerhaps more thne MS Bob.
 TW> Here is a bit form a well respected information web site:

 TW>  "Back in 1991, Microsoft released their first version of
 TW> Windows, a mouse-driven graphical user interface that
 TW> revolutionized the way we use computers, both at home and in
 TW> the workplace. Now, in 2012, they hope to stage a new
 TW> revolution with Windows 8, perhaps Microsoft's most daring
 TW> release yet. Featuring an unusual tile-based Start screen
 TW> that's optimized for touchscreen devices, Windows 8 will be
 TW> available on new computers, laptops and ultrabooks, hybrid
 TW> tablets and even a new range of Microsoft-branded, iPad-style
 TW> tablets called Microsoft Surface. Whichever device you end up
 TW> running Windows 8 on, you'll need to know a few things. First,
 TW> how are you going to get the data from your current operating
 TW> system to the new one? Second, you'll probably be wondering
 TW> where the famous Microsoft desktop has gone. Finally, you might
 TW> be wondering just what is going on: why did Microsoft discard
 TW> the Start menu, and why does its replacement look like it was
 TW> designed for children?"

Tom,

You and I and Others here Remember the time before the Start Button
appeared.
Windows 95 Gamma was released for sale in August 1995 probably
because MS had put a Year in the Name of the new OS and felt they
HAD to get it out for sale. (Probably becase they needed the $$$$$$.$$)

 TW> And here is another backing down step my MS. THEY seem to be
 TW> doing that a lot lately.:

 TW> "Estimates vary, but somewhere in the region of 20 to 40 per
 TW> cent of all computer users are still running Windows XP. If
 TW> that doesn't change by next year, Microsoft faces a nightmare
 TW> scenario of having to decide whether to change its support
 TW> deadline once again or risk a potential security threat to
 TW> millions of users. Businesses Get Windows 8 Upgrade Discount

 TW> As part of its effort to encourage upgrades, Microsoft is now
 TW> offering significant price discounts to businesses interested
 TW> in upgrading to the new Windows 8 OS. Specifically, it's
 TW> offering 15 per cent off usual prices to firms that upgrade
 TW> from Windows XP to Windows 8. (Source: computerworld.com)

 TW> The discounts are only valid on the professional (business)
 TW> editions of the software. Microsoft also notes that people
 TW> taking up this offer will be allowed to "downgrade" from
 TW> Windows 8 to Windows 7 without extra charge."

Large Businesses, I think, are very reluctant to change all of
their computers to a new Operating System until at least a
Service Pack or Two is issued to get the early bugs out of the OS.

They've got too much to lose to spend $$$$$$$$$$$ and suffer loss.

Hey I didn't but W95 until Feb 1998, and this XP box was purchased
in June of 2006, only after reading the talk about it in this
WIN95 echo, and feeling like XP had gotten a good foot hold in
the Personal Computing World.

And this one came with SP2 already on the SATA Hard Drive in it.
SP3 is on it now though, and if they offer a SP4 I will grab that
too, but there's as good of a chance of that happening as it is
for HP to add USB Device Booting to the BIOS in this XP computer.

 TW> NOTE the teaser Upgrade price to Win 8 then offering a FREE go
 TW> back to Win 7
 TW> FACE it Jean Win 8 is NOT well liked"IT WAS A DUMB MOVE" in the
 TW> Real Computer World

I have a little hands on experience with W7, not much, but W7 to
me is as much change to me as W95 was to W3.1(1), XP was to WME,
and Vista was to XP.

Now there is W8 and I have read that a W9 is coming.
Here we go loop-a=de-loop! Again.

... Multitasking allows messing up several things at once.
--- MultiMail/MS-DOS v0.49
--- SBBSecho 2.12-Linux
 * Origin: telnet & http://cco.ath.cx - Dial-Up: 502-875-8938 (1:2320/105.1)