Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2006-06-27 18:07:26 av Texas (8:8/2)
Ärende: Bible Reading for June 28
=================================
From: "Texas" <texas@familynet-international.org>

2 Kings 14:26
26 For the LORD saw the affliction of Israel, that it was very bitter: for
there was not any shut up, nor any left, nor any helper for Israel. 2 Kings
14:27
27 And the LORD said not that he would blot out the name of Israel from under
heaven: but he saved them by the hand of Jeroboam the son of Joash. 2 Kings
14:28
28 Now the rest of the acts of Jeroboam, and all that he did, and his might,
how he warred, and how he recovered Damascus, and Hamath, which belonged to
Judah, for Israel, are they not written in the book  of the chronicles  of the
kings  of Israel?
2 Kings 14:29
29 And Jeroboam slept with his fathers, even with the kings of Israel; and
Zachariah his son reigned in his stead.

The Book of
Amos
CHAPTER 1
Amos 1:1
1 The words of Amos, who was among the herdmen of Tekoa, which he saw
concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah king of Judah, and in the days of
Jeroboam the son  of Joash  king  of Israel,  two years  before  the
earthquake.
Amos 1:2
2 And he said, The LORD will roar from Zion, and utter his voice from
Jerusalem; and the habitations of the shepherds shall mourn, and the top of
Carmel shall wither.
Amos 1:3
3 Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Damascus, and for four, I
will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have threshed Gilead
with threshing instruments of iron: Amos 1:4
4 But I will send a fire into the house of Hazael, which shall devour the
palaces of Benhadad.
Amos 1:5
5 I will break also the bar of Damascus, and cut off the inhabitant from the
plain of Aven, and him that holdeth the sceptre from the house of Eden: and the
people of Syria  shall go into captivity  unto Kir,  saith  the LORD. Amos 1:6
6 Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Gaza, and for four, I will
not turn away the punishment thereof; because they carried away captive the
whole captivity, to deliver them up to Edom: Amos 1:7
7 But I will send a fire on the wall of Gaza, which shall devour the palaces
thereof:
Amos 1:8
8 And I will cut off the inhabitant from Ashdod, and him that holdeth the
sceptre from Ashkelon, and I will turn mine hand against Ekron: and the remnant
of the Philistines shall perish, saith  the Lord  GOD. Amos 1:9
9 Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Tyrus, and for four, I will
not turn away the punishment thereof; because they delivered up the whole
captivity to Edom, and remembered not the brotherly  covenant: Amos 1:10
10 But I will send a fire on the wall of Tyrus, which shall devour the palaces
thereof.
Amos 1:11
11 Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Edom, and for four, I will
not turn away the punishment thereof; because he did pursue his brother with
the sword, and did cast off all pity, and his anger  did tear perpetually,  and
he kept  his wrath  for ever: Amos 1:12
12 But I will send a fire upon Teman, which shall devour the palaces of Bozrah.
Amos 1:13
13 Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of the children of Ammon, and
for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have ripped
up the women with child of Gilead, that they might enlarge their border:
Amos 1:14
14 But I will kindle a fire in the wall of Rabbah, and it shall devour the
palaces thereof, with shouting in the day of battle, with a tempest in the day
of the whirlwind:
Amos 1:15
15 And their king shall go into captivity, he and his princes together, saith
the LORD.
CHAPTER 2
Amos 2:1
1 Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Moab, and for four, I will
not turn away the punishment thereof; because he burned the bones of the king
of Edom into lime:
Amos 2:2
2 But I will send a fire upon Moab, and it shall devour the palaces of Kerioth:
and Moab shall die with tumult, with shouting, and with the sound of the
trumpet:
Amos 2:3
3 And I will cut off the judge from the midst thereof, and will slay all the
princes thereof with him, saith the LORD. Amos 2:4
4 Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will
not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have despised the law of the
LORD, and have not kept his commandments, and their lies  caused them to err,
after  the which their fathers  have walked: Amos 2:5
5 But I will send a fire upon Judah, and it shall devour the palaces of
Jerusalem.
Amos 2:6
6 Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Israel, and for four, I will
not turn away the punishment thereof; because they sold the righteous for
silver, and the poor for a pair of shoes; Amos 2:7
7 That pant after the dust of the earth on the head of the poor, and turn aside
the way of the meek: and a man and his father will go in unto the same maid, to
profane  my holy  name:
Amos 2:8
8 And they lay themselves down upon clothes laid to pledge by every altar, and
they drink the wine of the condemned in the house of their god. Amos 2:9
9 Yet destroyed I the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of
the cedars, and he was strong as the oaks; yet I destroyed his fruit from
above, and his roots from beneath.
Amos 2:10
10 Also I brought you up from the land of Egypt, and led you forty years
through the wilderness, to possess the land of the Amorite. Amos 2:11
11 And I raised up of your sons for prophets, and of your young men for
Nazarites. Is it not even thus, O ye children of Israel? saith the LORD. Amos
2:12
12 But ye gave the Nazarites wine to drink; and commanded the prophets, saying,
Prophesy not.
Amos 2:13
13 Behold, I am pressed under you, as a cart is pressed that is full of
sheaves.
Amos 2:14
14 Therefore the flight shall perish from the swift, and the strong shall not
strengthen his force, neither shall the mighty deliver himself: Amos 2:15
15 Neither shall he stand that handleth the bow; and he that is swift of foot
shall not deliver himself: neither shall he that rideth the horse deliver
himself.
Amos 2:16
16 And he that is courageous among the mighty shall flee away naked in that
day, saith the LORD.
CHAPTER 3
Amos 3:1
1 Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel,
against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying,
Amos 3:2
2 You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will
punish you for all your iniquities. Amos 3:3
3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed? Amos 3:4
4 Will a lion roar in the forest, when he hath no prey? will a young lion cry
out of his den, if he have taken nothing? Amos 3:5
5 Can a bird fall in a snare upon the earth, where no gin is for him? shall one
take up a snare from the earth, and have taken nothing at all? Amos 3:6
6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall
there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? Amos 3:7
7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his
servants the prophets.
Amos 3:8
8 The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord GOD hath spoken, who can
but prophesy?
Amos 3:9
9 Publish in the palaces at Ashdod, and in the palaces in the land of Egypt,
and say, Assemble yourselves upon the mountains of Samaria, and behold the
great tumults  in the midst  thereof, and the oppressed  in the midst thereof.
Amos 3:10
10 For they know not to do right, saith the LORD, who store up violence and
robbery in their palaces.
Amos 3:11
11 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; An adversary there shall be even round
about the land; and he shall bring down thy strength from thee, and thy palaces
shall be spoiled.
Amos 3:12
12 Thus saith the LORD; As the shepherd taketh out of the mouth of the lion two
legs, or a piece of an ear; so shall the children of Israel be taken out that
dwell  in Samaria  in the corner  of a bed,  and in Damascus  in a couch.
Amos 3:13
13 Hear ye, and testify in the house of Jacob, saith the Lord GOD, the God of
hosts,
Amos 3:14
14 That in the day that I shall visit the transgressions of Israel upon him I
will also visit the altars of Bethel: and the horns of the altar shall be cut
off, and fall to the ground.
Amos 3:15
15 And I will smite the winter house with the summer house; and the houses of
ivory shall perish, and the great houses shall have an end, saith the LORD.

--
http://www.family-bbs.net - web based bbs nntp://www.family-bbs.net - FamilyNet
News Server http://www.fmlynet.org - BBS resource center