Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2008-03-25 05:03:28 av Friends (8:8/2)
Ärende: Bible Reading for March 26
==================================
From: "Friends" <friends@familynet-international.org>

The First Book of Samuel
CHAPTER 1
1 Samuel 1:1
1 Now there was a certain man of Ramathaimzophim, of mount Ephraim, and his
name was Elkanah, the son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu, the son of Tohu, the
son  of Zuph,  an Ephrathite:
1 Samuel 1:2
2 And he had two wives; the name of the one was Hannah, and the name of the
other Peninnah: and Peninnah had children, but Hannah had no children. 1 Samuel
1:3
3 And this man went up out of his city yearly to worship and to sacrifice unto
the LORD of hosts in Shiloh. And the two sons of Eli,  Hophni  and Phinehas,
the priests  of the LORD,  were there. 1 Samuel 1:4
4 And when the time was that Elkanah offered, he gave to Peninnah his wife, and
to all her sons and her daughters, portions: 1 Samuel 1:5
5 But unto Hannah he gave a worthy portion; for he loved Hannah: but the LORD
had shut up her womb.
1 Samuel 1:6
6 And her adversary also provoked her sore, for to make her fret, because the
LORD had shut up her womb.
1 Samuel 1:7
7 And as he did so year by year, when she went up to the house of the LORD, so
she provoked her; therefore she wept, and did not eat. 1 Samuel 1:8
8 Then said Elkanah her husband to her, Hannah, why weepest thou? and why
eatest thou not? and why is thy heart grieved? am not I better to thee than ten
sons?
1 Samuel 1:9
9 So Hannah rose up after they had eaten in Shiloh, and after they had drunk.
Now Eli the priest sat upon a seat by a post of the temple  of the LORD.
1 Samuel 1:10
10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore.
1 Samuel 1:11
11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on
the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine
handmaid, but wilt give  unto thine handmaid  a man  child,  then I will give
him unto the LORD  all the days  of his life,  and there shall no razor  come
upon his head.
1 Samuel 1:12
12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli
marked her mouth.
1 Samuel 1:13
13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was
not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken. 1 Samuel 1:14
14 And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from
thee.
1 Samuel 1:15
15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful
spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul
before  the LORD.
1 Samuel 1:16
16 Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance
of my complaint and grief have I spoken hitherto. 1 Samuel 1:17
17 Then Eli answered and said, Go in peace: and the God of Israel grant thee
thy petition that thou hast asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:18
18 And she said, Let thine handmaid find grace in thy sight. So the woman went
her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad. 1 Samuel 1:19
19 And they rose up in the morning early, and worshipped before the LORD, and
returned, and came to their house to Ramah: and Elkanah knew Hannah  his wife;
and the LORD  remembered  her. 1 Samuel 1:20
20 Wherefore it came to pass, when the time was come about after Hannah had
conceived, that she bare a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, Because I
have asked him of the LORD.
1 Samuel 1:21
21 And the man Elkanah, and all his house, went up to offer unto the LORD the
yearly sacrifice, and his vow.
1 Samuel 1:22
22 But Hannah went not up; for she said unto her husband, I will not go up
until the child be weaned, and then I will bring him, that he may appear before
the LORD, and there abide for ever. 1 Samuel 1:23
23 And Elkanah her husband said unto her, Do what seemeth thee good; tarry
until thou have weaned him; only the LORD establish his word. So the woman
abode,  and gave her son  suck  until she weaned  him. 1 Samuel 1:24
24 And when she had weaned him, she took him up with her, with three bullocks,
and one ephah of flour, and a bottle of wine, and brought him unto the house of
the LORD in Shiloh:  and the child  was young. 1 Samuel 1:25
25 And they slew a bullock, and brought the child to Eli. 1 Samuel 1:26
26 And she said, Oh my lord, as thy soul liveth, my lord, I am the woman that
stood by thee here, praying unto the LORD. 1 Samuel 1:27
27 For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I
asked of him:
1 Samuel 1:28
28 Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be
lent to the LORD. And he worshipped the LORD there. CHAPTER 2
1 Samuel 2:1
1 And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is
exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice
in thy salvation.
1 Samuel 2:2
2 There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is
there any rock like our God.
1 Samuel 2:3
3 Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth:
for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed. 1 Samuel
2:4
4 The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with
strength.
1 Samuel 2:5
5 They that were full have hired out themselves for bread; and they that were
hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many
children is waxed feeble.
1 Samuel 2:6
6 The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and
bringeth up.
1 Samuel 2:7
7 The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. 1
Samuel 2:8
8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the
dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of
glory: for the pillars of the earth  are the LORD'S,  and he hath set  the
world  upon them.
1 Samuel 2:9
9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in
darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail. 1 Samuel 2:10
10 The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall
he thunder upon them: the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall
give strength unto his king, and exalt  the horn  of his anointed. 1 Samuel
2:11
11 And Elkanah went to Ramah to his house. And the child did minister unto the
LORD before Eli the priest.
1 Samuel 2:12
12 Now the sons of Eli were sons of Belial; they knew not the LORD. 1 Samuel
2:13
13 And the priests' custom with the people was, that, when any man offered
sacrifice, the priest's servant came, while the flesh was in seething, with a
fleshhook of three  teeth  in his hand; 1 Samuel 2:14
14 And he struck it into the pan, or kettle, or caldron, or pot; all that the
fleshhook brought up the priest took for himself. So they did in Shiloh unto
all the Israelites that came  thither. 1 Samuel 2:15
15 Also before they burnt the fat, the priest's servant came, and said to the
man that sacrificed, Give flesh to roast for the priest; for he will not have
sodden  flesh  of thee, but raw. 1 Samuel 2:16
16 And if any man said unto him, Let them not fail to burn the fat presently,
and then take as much as thy soul desireth; then he would answer him, Nay; but
thou shalt give it me now: and if not, I will take  it by force.
1 Samuel 2:17
17 Wherefore the sin of the young men was very great before the LORD: for men
abhorred the offering of the LORD. 1 Samuel 2:18
18 But Samuel ministered before the LORD, being a child, girded with a linen
ephod.
1 Samuel 2:19
19 Moreover his mother made him a little coat, and brought it to him from year
to year, when she came up with her husband to offer the yearly sacrifice.
1 Samuel 2:20
20 And Eli blessed Elkanah and his wife, and said, The LORD give thee seed of
this woman for the loan which is lent to the LORD. And they went  unto their
own home.
1 Samuel 2:21
21 And the LORD visited Hannah, so that she conceived, and bare three sons and
two daughters. And the child Samuel grew  before  the LORD. 1 Samuel 2:22
22 Now Eli was very old, and heard all that his sons did unto all Israel; and
how they lay with the women that assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the
congregation.
1 Samuel 2:23
23 And he said unto them, Why do ye such things? for I hear of your evil
dealings by all this people.
1 Samuel 2:24
24 Nay, my sons; for it is no good report that I hear: ye make the LORD'S
people to transgress.
1 Samuel 2:25
25 If one man sin against another, the judge shall judge him: but if a man sin
against the LORD, who shall intreat for him? Notwithstanding they hearkened not
unto the voice of their father, because the LORD  would  slay them.
1 Samuel 2:26
26 And the child Samuel grew on, and was in favour both with the LORD, and also
with men.
1 Samuel 2:27
27 And there came a man of God unto Eli, and said unto him, Thus saith the
LORD, Did I plainly appear unto the house of thy father, when they were in
Egypt in Pharaoh's  house?
1 Samuel 2:28
28 And did I choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to
offer upon mine altar, to burn incense, to wear an ephod before me? and did I
give unto the house  of thy father  all the offerings made by fire  of the
children  of Israel?
1 Samuel 2:29
29 Wherefore kick ye at my sacrifice and at mine offering, which I have
commanded in my habitation; and honourest thy sons above me, to make yourselves
fat with the chiefest of all the offerings of Israel my people? 1 Samuel 2:30
30 Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and
the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever:  but now the LORD
saith,  Be it far from me;  for them that honour  me I will honour,  and they
that despise  me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 Samuel 2:31
31 Behold, the days come, that I will cut off thine arm, and the arm of thy
father's house, that there shall not be an old man in thine house. 1 Samuel
2:32
32 And thou shalt see an enemy in my habitation, in all the wealth which God
shall give Israel: and there shall not be an old man in thine house for ever.
1 Samuel 2:33
33 And the man of thine, whom I shall not cut off from mine altar, shall be to
consume thine eyes, and to grieve thine heart: and all the increase of thine
house shall die in the flower of their age. 1 Samuel 2:34
34 And this shall be a sign unto thee, that shall come upon thy two sons, on
Hophni and Phinehas; in one day they shall die both of them. 1 Samuel 2:35
35 And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that
which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and
he shall walk before mine anointed  for ever. 1 Samuel 2:36
36 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left in thine house shall
come and crouch to him for a piece of silver and a morsel of bread, and shall
say, Put me, I pray thee, into one of the priests' offices, that I may eat  a
piece  of bread.
CHAPTER 3
1 Samuel 3:1
1 And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli. And the word of the
LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision. 1 Samuel 3:2
2 And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and
his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see; 1 Samuel 3:3
3 And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the LORD, where the ark of
God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep; 1 Samuel 3:4
4 That the LORD called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I. 1 Samuel 3:5
5 And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said,
I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down. 1 Samuel 3:6
6 And the LORD called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and
said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son;
 lie down  again.
1 Samuel 3:7
7 Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet
revealed unto him.
1 Samuel 3:8
8 And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to
Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the
LORD  had called  the child.
1 Samuel 3:9
9 Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call
thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went
 and lay down  in his place.
1 Samuel 3:10
10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel.
Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth. 1 Samuel 3:11
11 And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which
both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle. 1 Samuel 3:12
12 In that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken
concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end. 1 Samuel 3:13
13 For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity
which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them
not.
1 Samuel 3:14
14 And therefore I have sworn unto the house of Eli, that the iniquity of Eli's
house shall not be purged with sacrifice nor offering for ever. 1 Samuel 3:15
15 And Samuel lay until the morning, and opened the doors of the house of the
LORD. And Samuel feared to shew Eli the vision. 1 Samuel 3:16
16 Then Eli called Samuel, and said, Samuel, my son. And he answered, Here am
I.
1 Samuel 3:17
17 And he said, What is the thing that the LORD hath said unto thee? I pray
thee hide it not from me: God do so to thee, and more also, if thou hide any
thing from me of all the things that he said unto thee. 1 Samuel 3:18
18 And Samuel told him every whit, and hid nothing from him. And he said, It is
the LORD: let him do what seemeth him good. 1 Samuel 3:19
19 And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him, and did let none of his words
fall to the ground.
1 Samuel 3:20
20 And all Israel from Dan even to Beersheba knew that Samuel was established
to be a prophet of the LORD. 1 Samuel 3:21
21 And the LORD appeared again in Shiloh: for the LORD revealed himself to
Samuel in Shiloh by the word of the LORD.
-+-
http://www.familynet-international.net - web based bbs
http://www.familynet-international.org - BBS resource center
http://www.baptist-ministries.org - Independent Baptist Web Portal