Möte BIBLE, 3563 texter
Skriven 2011-09-03 08:34:48 av FamilyNet (8:8/2)
Ärende: Bible Reading for September 03
======================================
From: "FamilyNet" <friends@familynet-international.org>

Bible Reading for September 03

2 Chronicles 10
[1] And Rehoboam went to Shechem: for to Shechem were all Israel come to make
him king.
[2] And it came to pass, when Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who was in Egypt,
whither he had fled from the presence of Solomon the king, heard it, that
Jeroboam returned out of Egypt.
[3] And they sent and called him. So Jeroboam and all Israel came and spake to
Rehoboam, saying,
[4] Thy father made our yoke grievous: now therefore ease thou somewhat the
grievous servitude of thy father, and his heavy yoke that he put upon us, and
we will serve thee.
[5] And he said unto them, Come again unto me after three days. And the people
departed.
[6] And king Rehoboam took counsel with the old men that had stood before
Solomon his father while he yet lived, saying, What counsel give ye me to
return answer to this people?
[7] And they spake unto him, saying, If thou be kind to this people, and please
them, and speak good words to them, they will be thy servants for ever.
[8] But he forsook the counsel which the old men gave him, and took counsel
with the young men that were brought up with him, that stood before him. [9]
And he said unto them, What advice give ye that we may return answer to this
people, which have spoken to me, saying, Ease somewhat the yoke that thy father
did put upon us?
[10] And the young men that were brought up with him spake unto him, saying,
Thus shalt thou answer the people that spake unto thee, saying, Thy father made
our yoke heavy, but make thou it somewhat lighter for us; thus shalt thou say
unto them, My little finger shall be thicker than my father's loins.
[11] For whereas my father put a heavy yoke upon you, I will put more to your
yoke: my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with
scorpions.
[12] So Jeroboam and all the people came to Rehoboam on the third day, as the
king bade, saying, Come again to me on the third day. [13] And the king
answered them roughly; and king Rehoboam forsook the counsel of the old men,
[14] And answered them after the advice of the young men, saying, My father
made your yoke heavy, but I will add thereto: my father chastised you with
whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions. [15] So the king hearkened not
unto the people: for the cause was of God, that the LORD might perform his
word, which he spake by the hand of Ahijah the Shilonite to Jeroboam the son of
Nebat. [16] And when all Israel saw that the king would not hearken unto them,
the people answered the king, saying, What portion have we in David? and we
have none inheritance in the son of Jesse: every man to your tents, O Israel:
and now, David, see to thine own house. So all Israel went to their tents. [17]
But as for the children of Israel that dwelt in the cities of Judah, Rehoboam
reigned over them.
[18] Then king Rehoboam sent Hadoram that was over the tribute; and the
children of Israel stoned him with stones, that he died. But king Rehoboam made
speed to get him up to his chariot, to flee to Jerusalem. [19] And Israel
rebelled against the house of David unto this day.

2 Chronicles 11
[1] And when Rehoboam was come to Jerusalem, he gathered of the house of Judah
and Benjamin an hundred and fourscore thousand chosen men, which were warriors,
to fight against Israel, that he might bring the kingdom again to Rehoboam.
[2] But the word of the LORD came to Shemaiah the man of God, saying, [3] Speak
unto Rehoboam the son of Solomon, king of Judah, and to all Israel in Judah and
Benjamin, saying,
[4] Thus saith the LORD, Ye shall not go up, nor fight against your brethren:
return every man to his house: for this thing is done of me. And they obeyed
the words of the LORD, and returned from going against Jeroboam. [5] And
Rehoboam dwelt in Jerusalem, and built cities for defence in Judah. [6] He
built even Bethlehem, and Etam, and Tekoa, [7] And Beth-zur, and Shoco, and
Adullam, [8] And Gath, and Mareshah, and Ziph, [9] And Adoraim, and Lachish,
and Azekah, [10] And Zorah, and Aijalon, and Hebron, which are in Judah and in
Benjamin fenced cities.
[11] And he fortified the strong holds, and put captains in them, and store of
victual, and of oil and wine.
[12] And in every several city he put shields and spears, and made them
exceeding strong, having Judah and Benjamin on his side. [13] And the priests
and the Levites that were in all Israel resorted to him out of all their
coasts.
[14] For the Levites left their suburbs and their possession, and came to Judah
and Jerusalem: for Jeroboam and his sons had cast them off from executing the
priest's office unto the LORD: [15] And he ordained him priests for the high
places, and for the devils, and for the calves which he had made. [16] And
after them out of all the tribes of Israel such as set their hearts to seek the
LORD God of Israel came to Jerusalem, to sacrifice unto the LORD God of their
fathers.
[17] So they strengthened the kingdom of Judah, and made Rehoboam the son of
Solomon strong, three years: for three years they walked in the way of David
and Solomon.
[18] And Rehoboam took him Mahalath the daughter of Jerimoth the son of David
to wife, and Abihail the daughter of Eliab the son of Jesse; [19] Which bare
him children; Jeush, and Shamariah, and Zaham. [20] And after her he took
Maachah the daughter of Absalom; which bare him Abijah, and Attai, and Ziza,
and Shelomith. [21] And Rehoboam loved Maachah the daughter of Absalom above
all his wives and his concubines: (for he took eighteen wives, and threescore
concubines; and begat twenty and eight sons, and threescore daughters.) [22]
And Rehoboam made Abijah the son of Maachah the chief, to be ruler among his
brethren: for he thought to make him king. [23] And he dealt wisely, and
dispersed of all his children throughout all the countries of Judah and
Benjamin, unto every fenced city: and he gave them victual in abundance. And he
desired many wives.

2 Chronicles 12
[1] And it came to pass, when Rehoboam had established the kingdom, and had
strengthened himself, he forsook the law of the LORD, and all Israel with him.
[2] And it came to pass, that in the fifth year of king Rehoboam Shishak king
of Egypt came up against Jerusalem, because they had transgressed against the
LORD,
[3] With twelve hundred chariots, and threescore thousand horsemen: and the
people were without number that came with him out of Egypt; the Lubims, the
Sukkiims, and the Ethiopians.
[4] And he took the fenced cities which pertained to Judah, and came to
Jerusalem.
[5] Then came Shemaiah the prophet to Rehoboam, and to the princes of Judah,
that were gathered together to Jerusalem because of Shishak, and said unto
them, Thus saith the LORD, Ye have forsaken me, and therefore have I also left
you in the hand of Shishak.
[6] Whereupon the princes of Israel and the king humbled themselves; and they
said, The LORD is righteous.
[7] And when the LORD saw that they humbled themselves, the word of the LORD
came to Shemaiah, saying, They have humbled themselves; therefore I will not
destroy them, but I will grant them some deliverance; and my wrath shall not be
poured out upon Jerusalem by the hand of Shishak. [8] Nevertheless they shall
be his servants; that they may know my service, and the service of the kingdoms
of the countries. [9] So Shishak king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem, and
took away the treasures of the house of the LORD, and the treasures of the
king's house; he took all: he carried away also the shields of gold which
Solomon had made.
[10] Instead of which king Rehoboam made shields of brass, and committed them
to the hands of the chief of the guard, that kept the entrance of the king's
house.
[11] And when the king entered into the house of the LORD, the guard came and
fetched them, and brought them again into the guard chamber. [12] And when he
humbled himself, the wrath of the LORD turned from him that he would not
destroy him altogether: and also in Judah things went well. [13] So king
Rehoboam strengthened himself in Jerusalem, and reigned: for Rehoboam was one
and forty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned seventeen years in
Jerusalem, the city which the LORD had chosen out of all the tribes of Israel,
to put his name there. And his mother's name was Naamah an Ammonitess.
[14] And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the LORD. [15]
Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in the book of
Shemaiah the prophet, and of Iddo the seer concerning genealogies? And there
were wars between Rehoboam and Jeroboam continually. [16] And Rehoboam slept
with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David: and Abijah his son
reigned in his stead.

2 Chronicles 13
[1] Now in the eighteenth year of king Jeroboam began Abijah to reign over
Judah.
[2] He reigned three years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Michaiah
the daughter of Uriel of Gibeah. And there was war between Abijah and Jeroboam.
[3] And Abijah set the battle in array with an army of valiant men of war, even
four hundred thousand chosen men: Jeroboam also set the battle in array against
him with eight hundred thousand chosen men, being mighty men of valour.
[4] And Abijah stood up upon mount Zemaraim, which is in mount Ephraim, and
said, Hear me, thou Jeroboam, and all Israel; [5] Ought ye not to know that the
LORD God of Israel gave the kingdom over Israel to David for ever, even to him
and to his sons by a covenant of salt? [6] Yet Jeroboam the son of Nebat, the
servant of Solomon the son of David, is risen up, and hath rebelled against his
lord. [7] And there are gathered unto him vain men, the children of Belial, and
have strengthened themselves against Rehoboam the son of Solomon, when Rehoboam
was young and tenderhearted, and could not withstand them. [8] And now ye think
to withstand the kingdom of the LORD in the hand of the sons of David; and ye
be a great multitude, and there are with you golden calves, which Jeroboam made
you for gods. [9] Have ye not cast out the priests of the LORD, the sons of
Aaron, and the Levites, and have made you priests after the manner of the
nations of other lands? so that whosoever cometh to consecrate himself with a
young bullock and seven rams, the same may be a priest of them that are no
gods. [10] But as for us, the LORD is our God, and we have not forsaken him;
and the priests, which minister unto the LORD, are the sons of Aaron, and the
Levites wait upon their business:
[11] And they burn unto the LORD every morning and every evening burnt
sacrifices and sweet incense: the shewbread also set they in order upon the
pure table; and the candlestick of gold with the lamps thereof, to burn every
evening: for we keep the charge of the LORD our God; but ye have forsaken him.
[12] And, behold, God himself is with us for our captain, and his priests with
sounding trumpets to cry alarm against you. O children of Israel, fight ye not
against the LORD God of your fathers; for ye shall not prosper. [13] But
Jeroboam caused an ambushment to come about behind them: so they were before
Judah, and the ambushment was behind them. [14] And when Judah looked back,
behold, the battle was before and behind: and they cried unto the LORD, and the
priests sounded with the trumpets. [15] Then the men of Judah gave a shout: and
as the men of Judah shouted, it came to pass, that God smote Jeroboam and all
Israel before Abijah and Judah.
[16] And the children of Israel fled before Judah: and God delivered them into
their hand.
[17] And Abijah and his people slew them with a great slaughter: so there fell
down slain of Israel five hundred thousand chosen men. [18] Thus the children
of Israel were brought under at that time, and the children of Judah prevailed,
because they relied upon the LORD God of their fathers.
[19] And Abijah pursued after Jeroboam, and took cities from him, Bethel with
the towns thereof, and Jeshnah with the towns thereof, and Ephrain with the
towns thereof.
[20] Neither did Jeroboam recover strength again in the days of Abijah: and the
LORD struck him, and he died.
[21] But Abijah waxed mighty, and married fourteen wives, and begat twenty and
two sons, and sixteen daughters. [22] And the rest of the acts of Abijah, and
his ways, and his sayings, are written in the story of the prophet Iddo.

-+-

http://mozyhome.ekklesia-online.com - Free 2 GB offsite backup for your PC or
MAC.

http://www.family-topsites.com - Family Oriented Topsites