Möte CONSPRCY, 899 texter
Skriven 2005-11-08 00:07:06 av Steve Asher (3:800/432.0)
Ärende: (1) New Genesis Exegesis
================================
For anyone reading, who is interested, it might be wise to research
this "new universal religion ... based on the seven Noahide commands",
and the "union between the environmentalists and Noahides".

"In our days, there has started to grow a new universal religion, which
is based on the seven Noahide commands. This religion is spreading
nowadays in the USA and the Western countries."

"The union between the environmentalists and Noahides is really called
for."

/START/

The Academy of Jerusalem New Genesis Exegesis

Exegesis for Parshat No'ah (Gen. 6:9 - 11:32):

The Flood and the Tower of Babel
The Likely eminent destruction of humankind

And its possible restitution by The Noahides.

1.   Overview: A Second Beginning for Humankind.

2.   Parallels of the stories of the Flood and Ark with ancient
     myths and with contemporary stories.

3.   The Sin of Adam, the Restitution of Noah and his Sin.

4.   Noah and "the Generation of the Separation" - the Great Builders.

5.   The Character of the Ark.

6.   About the connections between the Ark and the Tabernacle.

7.   About the Ark and the Torah Scribes of the Temple.

8.   About the Teachings of the Earth and "The Occult Science" of the Ark,

9.   The Arcane Meaning of the Ark.

10.  About the sins of the Generation of Division.

11.  The Confounding of the Language and Loss of Human Understanding

12.  The Seventy Nations of the Descendants of Noah.

13.  The Seven Noahide Commands - a New Ecological Dispensation.

14.  The Potential of the Noahid Teachings to become "Torah of the
     Tree of Life".

Notes.

Overview: A Second Beginning for Humankind

After ten generations, which make a complete era, God could make a
summary of the experiment with the human race, and the summary was
negative: "And the Lord- YHWH saw that the wickedness of man was great
in the earth, and that all the impulse (Yetser) of the thoughts of the
heart was only evil. And the Lord repented that He had made man on the
earth, and it grieved Him at the heart. And the Lord said, I will
destroy man whom I have created from the face of the Adamaha for I
repent that I have made them". Ostensibly - an "original sin", where
humans are evil from their basis. But in fact - a new beginning, an
opportunity for the restitution of what went wrong.

Once more, human history starts from the beginning, but this time,
instead of the contrived paradise formed by the creator, there was
formed by the man who was selected "a just man (Tsadiq) and perfect in
his generations", a new "artificial paradise". The emphasis this time
is not on the flora "every tree that is pleasant to the sight" (Gen.
2:9) - but upon the fauna "and of every living thing of all flesh..
to keep them alive with thee" (Gen. 6:19). Yet also the role of the
Trees within the Garden - the Tree of Knowledge and the Tree of Life
will not be absent in the following.

Both the Ark of Noah and the Garden of Eden serve as environments -
biospheres - that are given by God to man for custody. Both of them
include a complete genetic reservoir.

[... ...]

In our generation there are new myths that recall the image of the
Ark: I refer to Science Fiction books, in which spaceship transfer
humans, and the entire ecosphere, from our destroyed world towards new
worlds. A case in point is Arthur C. Clark, with his series of "Space
Odyssey" books: not only is the ship,s crew held frozen until their
arrival at the goal, but that a mysterious object, with a perfectly
proportioned rectangular prism, the monolith, serves for creating the
appropriate infrastructure for new human colonization in our solar
system.

The Sin of Adam, the Restitution of Noah and his Sin

We have already mentioned in the former chapter (Bereshit) that the
sin of Adam was not in eating of the Tree, but in eating of its fruit,
which is the source of its seed. He harmed the continuity of species.

After Adam ate of the Tree of Knowledge, God withheld from him the
Tree of Life.

Noah is the representative of the Tree of Life, even though the
genetic pool in the Ark was no longer a natural genetic pool, but
one involved with human intervention: Noah was commanded to take seven
from each type of the "clean beasts", which gave advantage for the
domesticated animals.

Adam was, as we recall, the first who was commanded for the care of
the earth: "Be fruitful and multiply, replenish the earth, and subdue
her". Noah the second inheritor of the earth - was no longer commanded
to subdue the earth. He was appointed to recover the curse of the
earth, the "cursed is the ground (Adamah - the Living Earth) for thy
sake". He was appointed to treat the earth with compassion after the
flood. In return, so he was commanded by God-Elohim - who, we recall,
is equal with "The Nature" - that there would be no more flood upon
earth.

[...]

The Character of the Ark

Noting the precise terms, Noah was not commanded to build the ark but
to "make thee an ark" (Gen. 5:14). Only later, upon his exit from the
ark, he built: "And Noah built an altar to the Lord". In Hebrew, the
ark is not a house, which is in the masculine gender, but is of the
feminine gender. The ark is a womb in which the world would be made
anew.

The Zohar goes far in this direction, and sees Noah's entry into the
Ark a sexual union - the union of the Sefirah of Yesod-Foundation
(which is called "Tsadiq", namely "righteous", as referred to Noah)
with the Sefirah of Malkhuth-Kingdom: "For the Adamah (Living
Earth/"Gaia") is Malkhuth, and the Yesod is the male partner of the
Malkhuth, in order to connect with her and to maintain the seed of
the whole world" (Zohar for Noah, 5, my translation).

But even if there was no real coitus involved, there is no doubt that
Noah was appointed to be the guardian of the seed: with the help of a
hard "shell" - the walls of the Ark - he guarded the nucleus that
contained the genetic endowment needed for the renewal of the
biosphere. This is much like the modern imitations of that Ark,
the attempts to build artificial biospheres that may conserve whole
ecosystems on Days of Ire of ecological holocaust

[... ... ...]

The Seventy Nations of the Descendants of Noah

Chapter 10 Genesis begins with "Now these are the generations of the
sons of Noah" and gives a survey about the development and division
of humankind. The Biblical account gives 70 nations. This numbr and
its multiples recure much in the scriptures and express completion.
We shall find the number 70 again in the Book of Genesis, when Jcob and
his sons descended to Egypt "all the souls of the huse of Ya,aqov who
came into Mizrayim were seventy" (Gen. 46:27). The parallel is not
accidental. After it is found in the portion of Noah that even the
second experiment of/with humankind did not augure so well, there
will start in the next Parasha - Lekh Lekha - the story of the third
experiment, whose protagonists are Abraham and his progeny. This
story will be detailed in the next ten portions of the Book of Genesis,
until the establishmnet of the Twelve Tribes. The full count of the
Children of Israel is 70 - in face f the 70 nations.

The Seven Noahide Commands - a New Ecological Dispensation

"The Waters of Noah" (Mey Noah, Isaiah 54:9), which come to
annihilate everything, to obliterate memory of everything, at the
beginning of the process of human choice - come as an antithesis to
the "End Waters" (Mayim aharonim), as described by the prophet Isaiah
"for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the
waters cover the sea" (Isaiah 11:9). All of human history is thus
necessary to turn the waters from a medium that obliterates memory,
to a preserving environment, into a "Noosphere", namely a layer of
Knowledge that covers the whole earth.

In our times there is rising the threat of the impending flood.
Scientists are predicting that "The Greenhouse Effect" of global
warming, which was precepitated by human actions, through a careless
use of technological resources, will bring to the melting of the polar
icecaps and in sequence to the flooding of the coastal cities, cities
full of human inhabitants and cultural treasures. Already now there
are environmentalists who are preparing rescue craft - from boats at
mountaintops to whole biospheres that emulate the terrestrial
ecosystem. Both means are attempts to reproduce Noah,s Ark. The fear
of the approaching flood is just one expression to the worries that
the enormous technological advance, managed by an exploitative
economic system - something like a modern Tower of Babel - is liable
to bring to catastrophes and to the destruction of the whole global
biosphere. These worries breed new belief systems and religions, many
of which emphasize the commands for environmental preservation and
biosphere preservation. Among these there appear also the religion of
the Noahides, "The Sons of Noah".

The concept from were the Noahides, about whom we,ll soon expound,
draw is not new. The Talmud, and in its wake several Jewish
philosophers and scripture interpreters, have treated extensively
the Seven Commands that would bind also those who are not amng The
Children of Abraham.

/CONT/

---
 * Origin: Xaragmata / Adelaide SA telnet://xaragmata.thebbs.org (3:800/432)