Skriven 2007-09-05 08:39:00 av Dave Drum (1:10/345)
     Kommentar till en text av dale shipp
Ärende: Re: Fresca
==================
On 08-13-07 Dale Shipp Scribbled to Jim Weller about Re: Fresca

DS> JW> The first time he mentioned that I went looking for it. It's not
DS> JW> sold anywhere in Yellowknife. I suspect it's not made or sold in
DS> JW> Canada. Neither is the cherry flavour.

DS>  Yesterday our daughter (two doors down) had a backyard party. She
DS>  had peach Fresca there. Gail and I tried it and decided we like
DS>  the regular Fresca better. As Dave Drum said, it has a peach-like
DS>  taste but only sort of.

Actually I tried it on Michael's recommendation. I am not big on
flavoured (in a can, anyway) Coke, etc. And the Black Cherry Fresca is
nasty - tasting nothing like black cherries nor Fresca. But, I agree
with Michael - the Peach Fresca is the peachiest of the artificially
flavoured sodas I have tried. I do about 3 Peach to 1 regular Fresca.

On another front I never got around to tasting the Vanilla Coke Zero
that the Sacerdotes brought to the picnic. Wish now that I had - because
I bought a 12 pack to try and was done with it after the second can. I
finally managed to foist it off on visitors ... but, it took a while.

It is marginally better than Vanilla Diet Pepsi. Which is damning with
faint praise.

I've come to the conclusion that if I want carbonated vanilla soda I
will stick with A&W Diet Cream Soda.  Bv)=

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

      Title: Black Bean Cakes w/ Sauteed Rock Shrimp & Mole Sauce (Pt 1)
 Categories: Emeril, Shellfish, Sauces
      Yield: 4 Servings

      3 tb Olive oil
      1 c  Fine chopped onions
           Salt & fresh ground pepper
      1 tb Plus 1 ts chopped garlic
      1 sm Jalapeno; stemmed, seeded &
           - chopped
      1 lb Dried black beans
      6 c  Water
      1    Bay leaf
      1 c  Flour
      2    Eggs; beaten
      1 c  Bread crumbs

MMMMM--------------------------ESSENCE-------------------------------
  2 1/2 tb Paprika
      2 tb Salt
      2 tb Garlic powder
      1 tb Black pepper
      1 tb Onion powder
      1 tb Cayenne pepper
      1 tb Dried leaf oregano
      1 tb Dried thyme
           ;Combine all ingredients
           ;Thoroughly and store in an
           ;Airtight jar or container

MMMMM---------------------------SHRIMP--------------------------------
    1/4 c  Vegetable oil
    1/2 c  Small diced red onion
      1    Ear sweet corn; kernels
           - removed from the cob
      1 lb Rock shrimp; peeled
    1/2 c  Small diced Roma tomatoes;
           - cored and seeded
      1 tb Fine chopped cilantro leaves
      1 tb Fine chopped parsley leaves
      2 c  Red Mole Sauce;
           - (store bought ok)

MMMMM-----------------------RED MOLE SAUCE----------------------------
     12    Chilies guajillos or
           - Chilcostles
    1/2 lb (abt 2 sm) tomatoes; stewed
      4 tb Melted lard or safflower oil
    1/4 c  Sesame seeds
  1 1/2 tb Dried oregano
      2    Whole cloves
      2    Whole allspice
      1 md White onion; thick sliced
      9 sm Garlic cloves; peeled
      1    (3 in) cinnamon stick; break
           - into thin strips
      1 sm Ripe plantain; peeled & cut
           - in thick rounds
      3 sl French bread
      1 oz Mexican chocolate
           Sea salt

  Remove the stems, if any, from the chiles, slit them open,
  and remove veins and seeds. Toast the chiles on a hot comale
  for a few seconds on each side, pressing them down until the
  inside flesh turns an opaque, tobacco color.

  Rinse the chiles in cold water, cover with hot water, and set
  aside to soak for about 15 minutes. Put the tomatoes into a
  blender jar and blend briefly.

  Heat 1 tablespoon of the lard and fry the sesame seeds for a
  few seconds until a deep golden brown.

  Transfer with a slotted spoon, draining them as much as
  possible, to the blender jar; add the oregano, cloves and
  allspice and blend until smooth, adding a little more of
  the water in which the chiles were soaking if necessary.

  Add more lard to the pan and heat; add the onion and garlic
  and fry until translucent. Add the cinnamon pieces and fry
  until the onions and garlic are lightly browned. Transfer
  with a slotted spoon to the blender jar.

  Add the plantain and bread to the pan and fry over low heat
  until a deep golden color; transfer to the blender jar.

  Adding more chile water if necessary, blend until you have
  a smooth puree.

  Gradually add the soaked chiles with more water as necessary
  and blend until smooth.

  CONTINUED IN SECOND PART

  MM Format by Dave Drum - 20 April 2003
  Uncle Dirty Dave's Archives

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

      Title: Black Bean Cakes w/ Sauteed Rock Shrimp & Mole Sauce (Pt 2)
 Categories: Emeril, Shellfish, Sauces
      Yield: 4 Servings

           Text continued

  When all the chiles have been blended, dip a spoon into the
  bottom of the blender jar and take out a sample of the sauce
  to see if the rather tough chile skins have been blended
  sufficiently. If not, add a little more water, stir well,
  and then blend for a few seconds more.

  Heat the remaining lard in a heavy pan or saute pan, add
  the blended sauce and chocolate, and cook over medium heat,
  stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent
  sticking, for about 15 minutes. The sauce should be fairly
  thick and lightly cover the back of a wooden spoon.

  BLACK BEAN CAKES:

  In a saucepan, over medium heat, add a tablespoon of the
  oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Season with salt
  and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of
  the garlic, jalapenos, and black beans. Continue to saute
  for 1 minute. Add the water and bay leaf. Bring the liquid
  to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until
  the beans are tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

  Remove from the heat and cool completely and strain. In a
  food processor, fitted with a metal blade, puree 3/4 of
  the mixture until smooth. Add water if it becomes thick.
  Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the processor and
  turn into a mixing bowl. Stir the remaining beans into the
  pureed beans. Season the flour, egg wash and bread crumbs
  with Essence.

  Divide the mixture into eighths and form into individual
  rounds, about 1-inch thick. Dredge each cake in the seasoned
  flour. Dip each cake into the egg wash, letting the excess
  drip off. Dredge the cakes in the seasoned bread crumbs,
  coating completely. In a large saute pan, over medium heat,
  add the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, but not smoking,
  pan fry until crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.

  FOR THE SHRIMP:

  In another saute pan, over medium heat, add the remaining 2
  tablespoons of olive oil. Add the red onions and corn. Season
  with salt and pepper. Saute for 4 minutes. Season the shrimp
  with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to the vegetables.
  Continue to saute for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and
  remaining teaspoon of garlic. Continue to saute for 2 min.
  Stir in 1/4 cup of the Mole Sauce. Remove from the heat and
  add the cilantro.

  Remove the cakes from the pan and drain on paper towels. To
  serve, spoon the sauce in the center of each plate. Place 2
  cakes in the center of each plate. Spoon the shrimp mixture
  over the cakes. Garnish with parsley.

  Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 1999

  Recipe Summary
  Prep Time: 20 minutes
  Cook Time: 2 hours
  Yield: 4 servings

  Essence of Emeril Episode#: EM1C01; Copyright (c) 1999 Television
  Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

  MM Format by Dave Drum - 20 April 2003
  Uncle Dirty Dave's Archives

MMMMM

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider

There never was a good war. Or a bad peace! Benjamin Franklin

... Used Cars:  Why go elsewhere to be cheated? Come here first.

LABOR UNIONS - The folks who brought you weekends!!!
þ CMPQwk 1.42 5653 þ

--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v3.0pr5a
 * Origin: BBS Networks @ www.bbsnets.com 808-839-6036 (1:10/345)