Skriven 2012-04-25 16:48:02 av Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
  Kommentar till text 24027 av Ruth Haffly (1:396/45.28)
Ärende: 2012 Picnic 558                                          [2]
Hi Ruth,

> We finally convinced my parents to put a lift in last year. Now they

The owner of the house wanted to seel us his lift for just $1000.00, and it had
cost him $3000.00 new.. I'm  a little too stubborn to give in though. I told
Ron, nope, I'll get used to the stairs.. might take a while is all (g).

> wonder why they waited so long to do it. It's a big help; they don't
> have to worry about those stairs any more. Now if we can convince them
> of the wisdom of a ramp outside.......................

>> > Nice, but not too big. Hopefully a good flow to the main rooms.
>> Yes, it is I think..

> That's a plus. We have the kitchen & living room in the front, then a
> bathroom & one bedroom (the computer room) starting to head down the
> hall

That part sounds like ours (g).  The front door opens into a tiled walkway
right through the livingroom, the kitchen is next, then the study (computer
room); off the kitchen is a hall to the downstairs bedroom and the full
bathroom. Off the kitchen is also the laundry room which will be handy.

>& the other bedroom (sewing room), master bedroom/bath at the end
> of the hall. Very compact but if I'm working in the kitchen, I can't
> always hear Steve in the computer room.

The stairway to the upstairs is in the living room, so there we differ, and
that's where the two extra bedrooms and the 1/2 bath are.

>> may rue the sewing setup in the new place.. I can use the smaller of
>> the two bedrooms upstairs, or perhaps put it in the larger master
>> bedroom upstairs.. Undecided right now (g).

> It'll work out, same as it has for us everywhere we've lived. In HI
> Steve thought of combining the computer & sewing rooms into one. That
> lasted as long as it took him to back up into a piece of my sewing
> equipment; he reconsidered and moved the computer equipment into its own
> room. That's the last place we've lived that had decent storage for our
> kitchen stuff--had a bigger kitchen and we adapted a closet into a
> pantry/storage area.

Good idea there.. I think two of the cupboards in the kitchen are
pantry-types.. kind of like the canned storage cupboard in my present kitchen.
If I'm remembering right, that should suffice for a pantry.. time will tell
(bg)

>> cookware, clothes I haven't worn in ages.. hehe.. all those things
>> that just seem to be "around".. next we'll have to decide what
>> furniture we'll be taking along to the new place.. I think I'll be

> We'll probably take all the furniture we have, then make some decisions
> once we see where we'll be living. Talking about ditching either the
> sofa or love seat (but not both), the big chair that matches the other
> furniture & probably the ottoman. We want to get a couple of recliners
> again.

After the pups ATE my living room pretty much last year (the couch, one chair,
a coffee table) we got new furniture for the living room and so far they've
been well behaved around it hehe..  We'll take all of that.. and the dining
room table will go in the sewing room -  today I took a look at a another large
table I've got and decided we'll probably use that in the dining area in the
kitchen with my hutch.

>> measure floor space in rooms like the kitchen, etc.  I'm also glad my
>> hutch is very small compared to some I've owned in the past.  It
>> should fit just fine in the kitchen.

> We'll be making decisions too, but not as soon as you have to. Any
> chance you can get into the house to get some measurements? Our kitchen

Yes, as we get closer to the closing that should be no problem.

> is big (compared to the rest of the house) but it's also the dining and
> laundry areas so actual work space is limited.

We do have a good sized laundry room.. It's not huge by any means (8X7), but
the owner right now has a large washer and a large drying in it, plus
shelving/tabletop.  We're going to take our combo Washer/Dryer (the size of a
med. size front-loading washer) and that will give me some more room in there.
 I am thinking right now of putting the sewing machine in there.  The Athena
Sewing cabinet I have should fit in there well, as well as the ironing board,
spool-holder for embroidery threads, etc.

> It's a good salad; I'll probably make another one tomorrow night to go
> with some left overs.

It sounds so good, I've been thinking of it since you mentioned it Lol

> Now's the time of year when I really enjoy the
> variety of veggies, especially, that I can get. If I push myself to eat
> more of them, fixed without heavy dressings, sauces, etc and less meat
> or pasta, I might be able to lose a few pounds. Easier said than done
> tho. (G)

Know what you mean about easier said.. I'm bad sometimes because I do love meat
so much.. but I try to eat salads with just olive oil, vinegar, garlic and salt
and pepper.   I've gained some weight thank goodness since the last
picnic.. I think I was down to something really bad like 110 back then because
of the Topamax I was taking. Now I'm at 120 which is more my normal weight. I'm
on a different pill for the spastic muscles, but that one when I take it makes
my legs so weak I can hardly walk.. so I don't take it too often.  If the leg
muscles can't operate effeciently, I tend to keep too much water weight...

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
 * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)