Möte ENGLISH_TUTOR, 2000 texter
Skriven 2007-05-14 10:59:35 av alexander koryagin
     Kommentar till en text av PETER COGGON (1:123/140)
Ärende: Re: May 8th...hello :)
==============================
spam filter disabled)
From: "alexander koryagin" <koryagin@erec.ru>

F2EP
Hi, PETER COGGON! How are you?
on Thursday, 10 of May, you wrote to ALEXANDER KORYAGIN
about "May 8th...hello :)"

PC>   Not too bad, and right now is a great sunset over a calm lake.

On your place I would prefer the night sky. The sky of my town is hopelessly
light-stricken. Once upon a time I was in a small village very far from
Moscow. It was in autumn, very dark; the air was cool and transparent. I had
seen into the sky and it was seemed to me I saw the whole Universe. I gasped
and said first time in my life "My Lord!" ;)

AK>>> A special diet against mosquitoes?! Very cool! May be you share a
[skipped]
AK>> I heard that some people like to use repellent liquids not only
AK>> against mosquitoes. They could smell at it and be very high.

PC>   We have something like that here call "Deep Woods".   Only big down
PC> -side is that it is horrible smell, and it can destroy certain
PC> materials if it happens to get on them.  Destroyed some leather I

I think it must be something easier; although sometimes this liquids are
really hard. Once I tried to use such a substance (a spray) against larvas
of Colorado beetle. Some potato leaves had not tolerated the attack. But
those substance was not a repellent. It was a substance to kill flies. ;)

PC> had, so I banned it from the boat and the RV.

What is RV?

AK>> cigarette type. The French Gitanes imho is perfectly fitting against
AK>> mosquitoes. I tried to smoke it when I lived in France for some time.
AK>> ;-)

PC>   My dad used to smoke but not I.   Not for the bugs either.  I have
PC> noticed that raw onions and garlic keep them away, as the black flys
PC> are here, and some mosquitoes.   Then too are the swallows and thrushes
PC> that eat them in flight.  All for the birds.

I doubt that birds define the number of mosquitoes. Imho they eat a small
part of them only. The other part dies from hunger. ;-)

[skipped]
AK>> Imho Russian fishermen like Russian scientists also like rather
AK>> process than result. ;) For example to drink something.

PC>   Vodka?
and shashlick. So called gentlemen fishing set. But speaking the truth, such
a set is most common for those who rarely is able to get out for fishing.
They must have time to do many things and have a good rest at the
weekend or other occasion. I supose when American says "quality time" he
means something of this kind.

AK>> Yes, I see. BTW is the water temperature of the lake allows to be
AK>> capsized?

PC>   Yes.  Lake Simcoe is swallow enough to allow for the afternoon, jump
PC> in the lake when becalmed out there somewhere ... Just remember before
PC> the jump to have the ladder deployed so you can get back onboard.

How much time can man be in the water? For example  in summer? What is the
temperature of the water?

[skipped]
AK>> I always wonder  when I see a big lake with fresh water and not a
AK>> single river is flowing out of it. Probably it has some underground
AK>> water drain.

PC>   They all have rivers.  Which lake are you referring to?

Simcoe. On the map there are some rivers inflowing it but there are any
outflowing, except for small man-made canals.

AK>> Where was a wide net of the local railways to
AK>> supply a peat right to the power station. Two nice small steam trains
AK>> also were alive in those days. But when the power station began be
AK>> powered by natural gas everything was changed. The repairing of
AK>> railways became unnecessary, railway sleepers gradually had rotted.
AK>> The steams trains had been scrapped. What a pity!

PC>    Yes.  Fired boilers also were a insurance problem too as they
PC> started many fires when the trains went by.   But I really like riding
PC> the old steam train we have here, even if it only goes a few miles in
PC> a circle.  Yes...I big pity.   They call it progress.

There is some sense in the fantastic film "Back to the Future". The
professor finally made his dream - the steam train which could travel
through
time. ;) What a romanticism - to push the level and realise a huge amount of
steam around, making everyone to run away. ;-)

AK>> Of course! What an awful language! It seem to me I can recognise the
AK>> Frenchmen why their mutilated mouths (else they cannot pronounce
AK>> French words properly). Poor people! ;-)

PC>    They also have words ending in "ent" and never say them ... ????

Imho they do not pronounce "t" if it the last letter, and their word, for
example a "client", sounds a bit funny.

PC> But they are also afraid their language is fading, and might be one day
PC> another forgotten tongue.

I think that ideal language is the one when you pronounce the same what is
written by letters. Every letter has to have a definite sound; and it is not
necessary to see one thing, but speak another. BTW the English language is
also full of such a gaucheries. I think that at long last people will invent
a new language that will be nice and logical for all people. Anyone will be
able to learn it spending much less time.

Learning the language is, in principal, a waste of time if you are not going
to translate books. Precious time of life. So, imho you ought to spent as
little time as you could; although, I admit that there are some
circumstances when a man is wishing to kill his time. When he is in prison
for a example, when he has nothing to do. In this case the learning of any
language is a good way out. ;)

PC>    One of these days, I will have to upload pictures of the lake here
PC> to the BBS, or attach to the message so you can see what I see and
PC> love so much.   But then I also love and miss our home in Brasil.

If you will have problem with your BBS use my E-mail: koryagin@erec.ru

[...Success Denied]
Bye PETER!
Alexander
fido7.english-tutor 2007

--- ifmail v.2.15dev5.3
 * Origin: Demos online service (2:5020/400)