Skriven 2008-03-15 18:58:28 av Roy Witt (1:397/22)
  Kommentar till text 12871 av Jeff Bowman (1:229/500)
Ärende: Bush Vetoes Waterboarding Bill
======================================
14 Mar 08 21:32, Jeff Bowman wrote to Roy Witt:

 RW>> JB> And yet don't you find it at all coincidental that Fox News
 RW>> would be
 RW>> JB> heavily Republican slanted,

 RW>> Actually, I don't find it to be that way. It's as fair and balanced
 RW>> as they claim.

 JB> There's nothing I can say to that if you truly think it, other than I
 JB> very much disagree.

Just as I disagree that any of the *BCs are worth their salt. They corrupt
their news with their own personal opinions. Something that riles me to no
end.

 RW>> You think he has complete control of his media?

 RW>> "In 2007 at the age of 76, Rupert Murdoch has showed that he is
 RW>> still open to change. The media mogul released an ambitious plan to
 RW>> to tackle the problems of global warming by making his global
 RW>> corporation carbon neutral. He told 47,000 employees that they will
 RW>> not only cut their energy use, but that the word on climate change
 RW>> will also be put out through his many media outlets. Read more about
 RW>> the News Corporation energy initiative or see the full speech given
 RW>> by Rupert Murdoch in May 2007."

 RW>> And yet, FoxNews has more scientists on the air telling the world
 RW>> that the climate change is a hoax.

 JB> They don't have to push every one of Rupert's personal opinions in
 JB> order to still push the conservative agenda.  The agenda which for
 JB> the most part he supports.

Fox is an entertainment medium over and above the news. Not only is there
the Fox TV network, there's the Fox Movie Channel. Rupert has more to do
than tell Fox News how to run that network.

 JB> I do give him some kudos for his efforts on reducing energy use
 JB> though.

You should read some of his newspapers too.

 RW>> JB> I don't have a problem with a channel wanting to serve
 RW>> conservative
 RW>> JB> news. I might even watch it from time to time to see their take
 RW>> on
 RW>> JB> things compared to alternatives.  I just have a problem when
 RW>> they try
 RW>> JB> to feed it to people as "fair and balanced".  Of all slogans for
 RW>> Fox
 RW>> JB> News to have used, that one alone shows me that they
 RW>> intentionally
 RW>> JB> try to trick Americans into thinking it's unbiased. Former Fox

 RW>> It is..both sides of every story are allowed to present their side
 RW>> of it.

 JB> If you're referring to stuff like Hannity and Colmes, that is a joke,

I agree.

 JB> I'm sorry to say. It's a token Democrat and a blowhard Republican.

I agree.

 JB> Sean Hannity is only second worse in my list of awful television
 JB> "news" personalies under O'Reilly himself.

O'Reilly is one of my favorites...

 JB> And O'Reilly is infamous for cutting off mics and trying to
 JB> intimidate people who he doesn't agree with, right there on his show
 JB> for all to see.

I've watched O'Reilly for ten years and have never seen that happen.
Somebody is pulling your leg if you think that is true.

 JB> Hannity has done the same sort of thing to smaller degrees, only
 JB> because he's more of a wuss.

He has his moments...I don't think I've spent 3 hours over the years
watching that program. Note that I said program...it's not any part of the
news.

 RW>> JB> employees, internal memos, and even just watching it, prove
 RW>> JB> otherwise.

 RW>> And yet you sit there and tell us that you can watch CNN and the
 RW>> xBCs and tell us that it's fair and balanced...hogwash. Let us know
 RW>> when xBC tells you that the NY Governor is a Democrat...they've not
 RW>> mentioned it so far.

 JB> I don't see ex-employees, internal memos, or a lot of visible
 JB> evidence showing heavy liberal bias for any of those networks.

Wanna bet?

 JB> Especially when networks like CNN air a hardcore conservative like
 JB> Glenn Beck, who is practically their version of O'Reilly.

Glen Beck is on HNN. Not quite the same...

 JB>   And hell, MSNBC has been accused of bias by BOTH sides, for people
 JB> like Olbermann and Chris Mathews on the liberal agenda, and Tucker
 JB> Carlson and Joe Scarborough on the conservative side.  If anything, I
 JB> might say MSNBC is one of the more balanced networks just for their
 JB> extreme range of programs.

MSNBC is the worst cable news channel out there.

 JB> As I've said before, no news is completely unbiased.

Really? The propaganda drums continue to beat loudly that Fox News
Channel is simply catering to conservative Americans. But read this very
carefully.

A Gallup Poll summed up Fox News this way. 'There is little difference in
the self-reportd use of cable news by partisanship. There has been a good
deal of focus on what is perceived to be a conservative orientation of the
Fox News Channel, but ... we are not able to distinguish any partisan
differeneces in the use of the specific cable news channels.'

 JB> But general reporting on those networks is usually fairly factual and
 JB> to the point.

Recently Gallup asked this question. "Do you think news organizations get
the facts straight, or do you think that their stories and reports are
often inaccurate?"

An astounding 58% of Americans answered that they believed the news
delivered to them was often flat out wrong.

Back in 1985, only 34% of Americans answered that same question with the
same reply.

 JB> Fox News though carefully selects stories to air even during general
 JB> news segments (it's been documented), and how to air them, in order
 JB> to best provide a political agenda.

Since Fox News is the youngest news organizations out there, perhaps
America has found place they consider more accurate.

 JB> They try to influence the politics of the country in both subtle and
 JB> blatantly obvious ways.

As does the other news channels.

 JB> Some of the more recent examples are completely disregarding people
 JB> like Ron Paul,

Why not disregard him...he's an also ran, just like AlGore.

 JB>  just because he was so different than what the other candidates
 JB> support.

Actually, I always thought he verged on the edge of insanity.

 JB> McCain also suffered a bit from their attempts at slander.

As well he should. He's not the conservative he says he is.

 JB> Not to mention their attempts to make Barack out as some kind of
 JB> terrorist muslim.

That's the Reverend Jeremiah Wright Jr's fault...if you go to that church
for 20 years and hear that man's insanity, don't you think you'd be
influenced by it? You can't listen to that kind of hatered and not form
some kind of opinion and deny it while still attending those services.

 JB> There have been so many documented accounts of Fox News mistruths and
 JB> bias that I honestly can't see how someone could have missed them.

If you listen to those who claim that, they either have something to
hide or be ashamed of...

 JB> I don't even care if they enjoy the bias and watch it particularly
 JB> for that.  More power to'em.  But I would just rather them accept
 JB> that it shows bias rather than pretend it doesn't.

I see no bias in news reporting on Fox News...I do enjoy a couple of
programs (The Factor, War Stories and a couple of others) put on by Fox
News, which have nothing to do with reporting the news. Everyone is free
to have an opiniion and not only does Fox News have programs that allow
the host to talk about it, that host allows those with an opposing opinion
to participate. So does every other cable news network out there.

                R\%/itt

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000
 * Origin: SATX Alamo Area Net * South * Texas, USA * (1:397/22)