Skriven 2014-05-15 23:01:00 av Bill McGarrity (7600.2fidonews)
  Kommentar till text 15266 av Ross Cassell (1:123/456)
Ärende: Re: Voting (new voting sy
=================================
-=> Ross Cassell wrote to Bill McGarrity <=-

Hiya Ross...

 RC> 14 May 14 22:21, you wrote to me:

 RC>> That is hard to do when those that make "that" choice along with
 RC>> media zealots call too much attention to themselves.. Like the
 RC>> gay pride parades, "hey look at me, I AM GAY"..  The double
 RC>> standards, after all, I shudder to think if there every was a
 RC>> straight pride parade!!!

 BM> And this has nothing to do with the anti-gay movement doing everything
 BM> in their power to crush those who are gay?  Do not the Irish have St.
 BM> Patrick Day parades all around the country?  Italians Columbus Day?
 BM> Polish, Puerto Rican, Greek and so on?

 RC> Ethnicities arent orientations. Nice strawman William!

Oh? Tell that to a gay Italian, or gay Irish or even better still, a gay Greek?

 RC> I simply point out that flaunting isnt gonna soften the hearts of those
 RC> searching for equality if they feel they have to act special.

 RC>> Dont worry, I also hate the double standard with the minority
 RC>> thing... Black history month, what no white history month? Black
 RC>> Entertainment Television, what, no white entertainment
 RC>> television?

 BM> Now we get the the nitty gritty.... you're angry because you think
 BM> your special and have nothing to show for it.  Wonder how the blacks
 BM> felt 150 years ago when all they were subject to was white masters?

 RC> Hahaha, you liberal bleeding hearts, all full of white guilt, have to
 RC> continually punish the present for the past.. :(

I'm just stating facts. I have no issue with you starting a White History
Month. I really think there are enough white entertainment networks btw... :)

 RC> Equality is not achievable by acting unequal...

So you never show pride in your heritage?

 RC> I am nether homophobic or racist, but will not tolerate the afore
 RC> mention flaunting or peacocking.

Easy solution... either turn the channel or vote with your feet.  Don't look.

 RC>> If separate but equal is bad, why do these downtrodden setup
 RC>> these institutions?

 RC>> I said this on my facebook page a while back, but you cannot make
 RC>> people accept this particular lifestyle, it has to be something
 RC>> that they come upon on their own dammit. If you coerce them, then
 RC>> that understanding has a false underpinning. Ever wonder why the
 RC>> police cannot put a person under duress through coercion or
 RC>> torture to gain a confession, same principle.

Acceptance is not the issue... tolerance is. I'm sure gays know not everyone
will accept their sexuality, which is fine, but tolerance and granting the same
rights that are given to all is the key.  Those that will not accept it do not
feel they should be afforded the same rights they have as granted under the
Constitution.

 BM> Why should they have to "make" anyone accept their lifestyle?  Isn't
 BM> it guaranteed under the Constitution and Bill of Rights?  Why would
 BM> anyone try to stifle their God given rights of life, liberty and the
 BM> pursuit of happiness?

 RC> Its not they in this context, it is *you*... The first thing that
 RC> happens is your kind descends on anyone like the plague if they dont
 RC> sing your tune...

 RC> You cant force people to believe as you do, tolerance isnt taught, it
 RC> is felt.

Sure tolerence is taught.  60 years ago most whites were taught to hate the
blacks and it was gospel.  Not all were but racism was rampart. Today tolerance
and respect is taught (well, I taught it and can't speak for anyone else).
Funny how a inter-racial marriage was grounds for racists to kill back then yet
today it's a normal occurance.  Some don't agree with it but it is respected
and tolerated.

 RC>> So the next time you liberal snoots get your collective panties
 RC>> all twisted in a wad over what some public figure has said and
 RC>> that person publically apologizes etc, then you all are the
 RC>> bigger fools, you all got told what you wanted to hear and that
 RC>> persons heart isnt really changed.

 BM> Then the person who publically apologizes with no remorse is only
 BM> fooling themselves and guess what, that person will ahve to one day
 BM> answer for that transgression.

 RC> whoosh..

 BM>> I've already stated I've watched the show,

 RC>> I said that most of the liberal idgets that raised the stink,
 RC>> probably didnt watch the show, you arent "all of them".

 BM> So you think equating homosexuality to beastiality is normal?

 RC> Irrelevant..

No it isn't as that was the basis behind the entire uproar.

 RC>> I dont care about their choices so long as they stay out of my
 RC>> face by saying their choice is the only choice.. To be equal one
 RC>> has to act it, and while the loud mouths might be in the
 RC>> minority, their message of "look at me, I am gay" is
 RC>> unacceptable. If straights had parades and the ilk, what then?

 BM> Then the next time you're at some "nationality parade", give the
 BM> people marching some of the same shit over it being "in your face".
 BM> I'd be very careful if you do it at a St. Patrick's Day parade, you
 BM> may wind up with more shit than you can handle.

 RC> Nationality isnt orientation, God send me a smart liberal!

Funny, above you mentioned about Black History Month and why there was no White
History Month.  Why not practice what you preach and go out and start one or
better still, why not go out and create a White Pride Day... oh wait, Frank
Collin already tried in Skokie... you're too late.

BTW, He has, you're just too blinded with intolerance to see.

Enjoy...

Bill

Telnet: bbs.tequilamockingbirdonline.net
Web: bbs.tequilamockingbirdonline.net
IRC: irc.tequilamockingbirdonline.net Ports: 6661-6670 SSL: +6697
Radio: radio.tequilamockingbirdonline.net:8010/live

... Motorcycles are everywhere... Look twice, save a life!!
--- MultiMail/Win32 v0.50
--- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
 * Origin: TequilaMockingbird Online - Toms River, NJ (1:266/404)