Möte POLITICS, 29554 texter
Skriven 2005-01-24 23:35:00 av Darryl Perry (1:106/324)
     Kommentar till en text av John Hull
Ärende: Re: Believing
=====================
On 01-24-05, John Hull said...

JH> 24 Jan 05 11:30, Darryl Perry wrote to John Hull:
JH>
JH>  DP> On 01-23-05, John Hull said...
JH>  JH>>  JH>> goes with the territory.  Call it the dues you have to pay
JH>  JH>>  JH>> to play t game.  It doesn't personal unless *you* let it get
JH>  JH>>  JH>> that way.  As Sta says, he would welcome intelligent liberal"
JH>  JH>>  JH>> and so would the rest of
JH>  JH>>
JH>  JH>>
JH>  JH>>  DP> Don't you see?  It's exactly comments like that that gets
JH>  JH>>  DP> people hackles up.
JH>  JH>>
JH>  JH>> There's an elephant sitting in your living room on your sofa and
JH>  JH>> you refus see it.  As I said, MOST liberals when they come into
JH>  JH>> this echo, have a tendency to act as if they have ALL the answers.
JH>  JH>> They sit back and pontificate on "the right way" and they spout
JH>  JH>> DNC boilerplate rhetoric alm verbatim.  It gets almost comical at
JH>  JH>> times.  During the last Clinton campa
JH>
JH>  DP> Think about how those 'liberals' feel then they hear time and time
JH>  DP> again from conservatives how Kerry is a flip-flopper as evidenced by
JH>  DP> 'I voted for it before I voted against it' comment, or that Kerry
JH>  DP> is soft on defense since he voted to cut back on this-that-or-the-oth
JH>  DP> defense project even tho it was Secratary of Defense Dick Cheney that
JH>  DP> submitted the defense budget that Kerry voted FOR.  Those are straigh
JH> out
JH>  DP> of the RNC talking sheets, but for some reason, in here, it's only th
JH>  DP> 'liberals' that don't think for themselves.  That's the odor that I f
JH>  DP> in here all too often.
JH>
JH> I don't get talking points from the RNC.  I've never heard Karl Rove
JH> articulate a "strategy of deception" etc.  I have heard Democrats sit and
JH> recite DNC stuff verbatim, and not just one, but several on different chan
JH> and different morning news shows - at the same time!  You can follow the
JH> quotes across the country from time zone to time zone as the day goes on.
JH> like they're all telepathically linked and are receiving orders from the
JH> "mother ship" or something on what to say.  You can see them do the same t
JH> on the evening news shows with the same quotes after the handlers have
JH> adjusted things based on reactions from the morning broadcasts.  While som
JH> Republicans certainly do it, by and large its a Democrat phenomenon.  I've
JH> been watching them do it for 40 years, Darryl.  I'm not imagining it.

Ok.  That's all well and good, John, but it's not solely a 'DNC' phenomenon.
If what you are saying that the Dems pioneered, then the RNC took the ball
and ran with it.  NPR was reporting that anybody that had even the slightest
bit of paraphanalia that opposed GWB, they were not permitted from attending
any of the local whistle-stop gatherings for Bush.  As you know, many of the
campaign layovers occured virtually next door to one another as the weeks
wore on.  Many locals could in fact see both candidates in person.  They were
reporting that if somebody had attended a Kerry gathering and was wearing a
Kerry shirt, or even an old Clinton sticker on their car, then they were
barred from access.

They would go on to have soundbytes of many of the attendees of these
gatherings and it was all the same thing.  "Kerry's a flip-flopper", "Kerry
is a tax and spend liberal", "Kerry is soft on defense".

JH>  DP> into the ideas thrown around here by many conservatives.  What I can'
JH>  DP> abide by is liars and deception, and spin.  The media and the RNC and
JH> it's
JH>  DP> members are highly skilled at all three.  It is for this reason that
JH>  DP> can't abide by GWB, because he seems to me to embody all those traits
JH>
JH> There have been a number of books written by prominent journalists, most o
JH> whom are liberals and/or Democrats detailing the bias toward the left in t
JH> major media outlets.  A study done right after the 2nd Clinton election fo
JH> that 90% of reporters are left leaning.  That hasn't changed one bit, and
JH> anything, its worse today.  There has been a lot of discussion about it th
JH> last cycle - how can you have missed it?

Prolly because every time I turned on the news I saw Bush citing the same old
RNC talking points that I had heard the day before.  The news kept giving
that same stuff the air time.  I watched and kept track, and noticed that
Bush was getting far and away the most air time.  I heard it from morning
zoo radio shows, and afternoon DJ's.  With that kind of coverage, it's hard
for me to believe that the media is 'left leaning'.

JH>  JH>>  DP> I can only assume that that is the effect that you are going
JH>  JH>>  DP> for.  Stan's welcoming an 'Intelligent Liberal' is tantamount
JH>  JH>>  DP> to saying tha liberals aren't intelligent.  with the added
JH>  JH>>  DP> connotation that all 'conservatives' ARE intelligent.  All
JH>  JH>>  DP> you have to do is see Ed C's 'asloiwne;flkwnv' comments to
JH>  JH>>  DP> Bjorn and the mocking of my harmless BB tagline to question
JH>  JH>>  DP> that assumption.
JH>  JH>>
JH>  JH>> When liberals do nothing but regurgitate the PC rhetoric put out
JH>  JH>> by the DN and the Dem leadership it isn't very intelligent.
JH>
JH>  DP> See above.  What I see is alot of regurgitating too, but it comes
JH>  DP> from the other side.
JH>
JH> There's a big difference between talking about the issues, and telling som
JH> the most scurrilous lies I've ever heard.  Remember when Gore's people put
JH> ads in Missouri and how the GOP was going to prevent blacks from voting?

No.  I don't remember that.  I guess I wasn't plugged in to the mother ship
that day :)

I do remember however that there were radio ads from Charlton Heston that
if the Democrats won, they were going to take away our guns.  Is that one of
the lies you were talking about?

JH> how about when the DNC put TV ads out saying that Republicans were going t
JH> keep seniors from getting their medicine and force them out of their homes
JH>
JH> I'm not talking about the normal campaign rhetoric that both sides engage
JH> I'm talking about deliberate lies designed to literally scare the hell out
JH> voters.  Lies designed to make people so fearful of the other party they w
JH> completely ignore the fact that all the promises made to them are never ke
JH> and haven't been for decades.  I won't stand for that from my side, and I
JH> sure won't accept it from the left.

But that's exactly what Cheney did!!  He said that if Kerry were to be
elected, that we were sure to be attacked.  He retracted it a few days later
but the effect was the same.  Tell me that that is not a lie designed to
make people fearful.

The bottom line is that the 'liberals' or the Dems or the DNC do not have a
lock on feeding talking points to it's followers.  You say you won't stand
that coming from your side, but I haven't seen you even acknowledge that it
does in fact happen, so that makes me somewhat skeptical.  You say you don't
give a damn about what the DNC has to say, but I don't see hold the RNC up
to the light and scrutinize it either.

JH> Which Ed are you talking about?  Ed Connell hasn't got a mean bone in his

I'm done with Ed.  The subject is closed for me.

Gryphon, aka Darryl Perry
Sysop of Cyberia BBS, Kingwood, TX.
telnet://cyberia.darktech.org

--- Mystic BBS v1.07.3 (Linux)
 * Origin: Oh Jesus, deliver me from your people! (1:106/324)