Möte POLITICS, 29554 texter
Skriven 2005-01-26 05:57:35 av John Hull (1:379/1.99)
   Kommentar till text 7999 av Darryl Perry (1:106/324)
Ärende: Re: Believing
=====================
25 Jan 05 14:26, Darryl Perry wrote to John Hull:

 DP> On 01-25-05, John Hull said...

 JH>> 24 Jan 05 23:35, Darryl Perry wrote to John Hull:
 JH>>  DP> Ok.  That's all well and good, John, but it's not solely a
 JH>>  DP> 'DNC' phenomenon. If what you are saying that the Dems
 JH>>  DP> pioneered, then the took the ball and ran with it.  NPR was
 JH>>  DP> reporting that anybody that h even the slightest bit of
 JH>>  DP> paraphanalia that opposed GWB, they were no permitted from
 JH>>  DP> attending any of the local whistle-stop gatherings for Bush.
 JH>>  DP> As you know, many of the campaign layovers occured virtually
 JH>>  DP> n door to one another as the weeks wore on.  Many locals could
 JH>>  DP>  in fact both candidates in person.  They were reporting that
 JH>>  DP> if somebody had attended a Kerry gathering and was wearing a
 JH>>  DP> Kerry shirt, or even an Clinton sticker on their car, then
 JH>>  DP> they were barred from access.
 JH>>
 JH>> That's a lot of media BS.  I attended some of those rallies, and
 JH>> so did ma of the people in this echo.  I never saw any such blatant
 JH>>  behavior, and I they didn't either.  MOST of the carping about
 JH>> being turned away is coming from people who didn't want to follow
 JH>> the security control procedures set to protect the president from
 JH>> the numerous threats he received.  The Secre Service was taking no
 JH>> chances at all, and anybody that even looked crossey at Bush was
 JH>> gathered up and checked out - just as they should be.  That is
 JH>> their job, but you'd never know that if you relied on the media to
 JH>> tell yo about it.

 DP> Being that I live in the Great State of Texas, which was not one
 DP> of the
 DP> battle ground states, I did not have a lot of chances, if any to
 DP> be able to
 DP> see either of the candidates in person like you were so lucky to
 DP> have done.
 DP> However, my only other option was to rely on the media to find out
 DP> what it
 DP> was like.  While they showed alot of stuff from both camps, the
 DP> overwelming
 DP> majority of items coming from the RNC camp was the same stuff that
 DP> you can
 DP> find on their website.  That's the point I'm trying to make.
 DP> While you can
 DP> argue up and down and six ways of sunday the the Dems feed talking
 DP> points to
 DP> their constituants, it is clearly apparent that the RNC does that
 DP> as well.

 JH>>  DP> They would go on to have soundbytes of many of the attendees
 JH>>  DP> of these gatherings and it was all the same thing.  "Kerry's
 JH>>  DP> a flip-flopper", "Kerry is a tax and spend liberal", "Kerry
 JH>>  DP> is soft on defense".
 JH>>
 JH>> He WAS a flip-flopper.  His record proved it.  His own campaign
 JH>> staff has admitted it since the election.  "Tax and spend liberal"
 JH>> is campaign rheto nothing more.  However, it hardly compares to the
 JH>> Dems calling Republicans "right wing radicals" as if we were
 JH>> Marxists or something.  And, finally, Kerry WAS soft on defense,
> [...]

There are a couple of things I notice in your reply that you may or may not be
aware of.  One, when Dems refer to Republicans they use terms like "right wing
extremists" or "radical right wing" and so on.  Republicans, as a rule, don't
use such modifiers when they speak of Democrats.  Dems do it so much, I don't
think they even know they're doing it anymore.

The other thing is that if you don't watch the political shows, then you are
missing out on a lot of the information that is just under the surface.  You
can't pick up that kind of stuff from radio or the papers, only from hearing
the actual voice and seeing the person speak.  Facial expression and body
language speak volumes, often far more than the words they utter.  There are
also some very astute political commentators like Brit Hume, and Bill Crystal
you miss if you don't watch.

John

America:  First, Last, and Always!
Go to www.madgorilla.us for all your Domain Name Services at the lowest rates.

--- Msged/386 TE 05
 * Origin: We are the Watchmen of our own Liberty! (1:379/1.99)